Notifications
Clear all

Will Montage be the New Motif?

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

Can we expect Montage to be the New Motif ? Will there be touch screen ? What models (61, 73 and 88 ) and What Price Point ?
When will it ship out to customers ?

Sri

Posted : 15/01/2016 8:57 pm

When I first heard about the rumors of the Montage, I immediately thought it would become the successor to the Motif. However, without more info I can't make any assumptions. So far I haven't seen any mention of an actual sequencer as a workstation would. I'm hoping there is because I find it useful to use even though I complete my projects in Logic Pro X. But I'm very interested in hearing the full details about this instrument.

Posted : 15/01/2016 9:52 pm
Nate
 Nate
Member Admin

Howdy all

Thanks for your enthusiasm about Montage. More info will be coming soon so stay tuned!

Posted : 16/01/2016 2:32 pm
 Axel

is much better than the Motif series, sounds better, more than 5 GB of samples ( 10 times the Motif samples capacity) and comes with the flash memory of 1.75 GB pre-installed, ready to use (no extra money here)

AWM2 128 polyphony + 128 polyphony FM, all layers and mixable ....and sounds OMG ! wait and see

Posted : 24/01/2016 7:12 am
Bad Mister

Point of order...
It's 5.67GB of Preset Wave ROM plus the 1.75GB of User memory which is built-in

Waveform and Sample management is handled by the Montage... You can load up to 8 Libraries and keep them resident in memory on board.

AWM2 engine is 128 notes of stereo polyphony*
FM-X engine has its own 128 notes of polyphony
* stereo polyphony can be understood from the Motif XF view... An XF Waveform that was stereo used 2 notes of polyphony for each key pressed (one for left, one for right). The acoustic pianos, many of the orchestral strings, etc., were sampled in stereo. A KeyBank in the XF could have, at maximum, 256 samples. Any two could be assigned to a KeyBank and sound simultaneously - a left and a right.

Montage doubles the AWM2 polyphony because it handles stereo samples as a single note of polyphony used!

More details as we move toward launch date.

Posted : 24/01/2016 12:35 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us