Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

with the montage, yamaha have an opportunity.....

26 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

We are far from my post, guys. Calm on, antivirus ! Surely it animate the post but not always very constructive, specialy personal attacks.

Posted : 21/08/2016 8:10 am
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

So why Yamaha does not built their own hardware sequencer ? There is a room for that . they have the technology from motif and it could have settings dedicated to montage etc......

Posted : 22/08/2016 6:14 am
Bernd

Erased by Bernd #2

Posted : 22/08/2016 1:12 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

You did not read my post, the square pyramid is the only one I speak about.it is the only one witch have requested functions. But as I said I am concern about waranties and after sell service. There is no information about this issue. Also I am not crazy about the design and the screen is really too small ! But it have functions.

Posted : 22/08/2016 4:34 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Yamaha should upgrade the qy700 without the synthesis engine. still people using it and difficult to find. Price of second hand is arround 400$. Amazing for a machine witch use floppy disk !

Attached files

Posted : 22/08/2016 5:25 pm
Bernd

Erased by Bernd #2

Posted : 22/08/2016 6:16 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks very much for the news. We have Some move there, hope that will be in interested directions :p

Posted : 22/08/2016 8:00 pm
natalini
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Bernd wrote: Yamaha should come up with a RS7000 MK2 IMO.

Where did you get this one ?

Posted : 25/08/2016 11:39 am
Bernd

Erased by Bernd #2

Posted : 25/08/2016 11:59 am
Joe
 Joe
Eminent Member

natalini wrote:

Yamaha should upgrade the qy700 without the synthesis engine. still people using it and difficult to find. Price of second hand is arround 400$. Amazing for a machine witch use floppy disk !

I just got one of these... Anyone else paired the QY700 with the Montage?

Joe

Posted : 22/05/2017 1:20 pm

natalini wrote:

Agreed! There is an embarrassing lack of sequencers that do more than just repeat 16 steps. And "chaining" multiple sequences together has never felt like an adequate solution to me for composing truly dynamic pieces.

To the original posters question:

The cheapest sequencing option would probably be the Beatstep Pro at the moment($250). If you have an iPad there are some neat options like dotmelody, and Fugue Machine which offer a unique take on sequencing.

For full featured midi sequencing I feel like we are actually in a little bit of a dark ages. Most sequencers in production are not geared towards composers so much as "electronic musicians" which tends to mean 64 steps max.

I currently use a QY-100 as the heart of my table top synth rig and I've been happy with it. I shopped around and found one on Ebay for 150, which is half the price of a Novation Circuit and still cheaper than a beatstep pro.

You can back all of your patterns and songs up via sysex dump to files on your computer(and skip the floppy disk of the QY-700), or you can track down a smart card + smart card reader.

Supposedly in a few months teenage engineering is going to release the OP-Z which should be a powerhouse in itself, but also is said to have a very feature-rich sequencer.

Posted : 21/08/2017 8:45 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us