Notifications
Clear all

XS to XF Libraries

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bart
Topic starter

Does anyone have the facilities/ability to convert XS to XF Libraries.. I have MOX sound libraries(that are not compatible with the Montage) that I would like to get to XF so I can load into my Montage...

thanks

PS, John Melas Utilities will not work... after speaking with him, he confirmed...

Posted : 21/09/2016 6:43 pm
Bad Mister

Montage Compatibility with the MOTIF XS

The voices of Yamaha’s MOTIF XS synthesizers can be loaded into the MONTAGE by using MOTIF XF Editor VST software. Only voices that are based on the MOTIF XS’s internal waveforms can be read, so voice files created using user samples cannot be loaded. The steps for loading a voice file are as follows.

Save the voice data in the MOTIF XS. Select either All Files (.X0A) or All voice Files (.X0V) as the file save format.
Import the saved file using MOTIF XF Editor VST.
Save the imported file using MOTIF XF Editor VST. Use the file extension .X3E.
Load the saved .X3E file into the MONTAGE via USB flash memory.

That will allow you to load XS to XF...
It is not clear, from your post, exactly why you are asking about Motif XS compatibility with Motif XF, if you own a MOX. While the MOX is derived from the sound library of the Motif XS, there is no direct file compatibility between MOX and Motif-series.

The MOX (2011) created a .X4A file
The MOXF (2013) can load MOX sounds.
The MOXF can also load Motif XF Voices, Waveforms, Arpeggios, and the 32 Mix Templates

Posted : 22/09/2016 7:42 am
 Bart
Topic starter

The issue I have is, I do not own a Motif.. I own a MOX and a Montage...
I know the libraries, (Organimation, B's Knees, VIntage Keyboards) worked well in the MOXF, That, sadly, is gone. so i'm seeking someone who can
convert them for me...

I guess i'll just wait till the libraries are upgraded...

Posted : 22/09/2016 1:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us