Clear all

Yamaha Genos looks like everything I wanted Montage to be

46 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
11.1 K Views
Jason
Illustrious Member

I do not agree with the notion that there's anything Yamaha is doing in the pre-launch that is undesirable. Before launch - they can reveal as much or as little as they want. That there is any information to glean is cool. Even if the occasional "peeps" of Genos seem like scant window dressing for some group of musicians - that's entirely Yamaha's prerogative how they decide to handle the pre-release stage. Seems that the public launch will come soon enough where more-or-less all will be revealed.

Sure there are better and worse ways to form a line of people with cash in hand clamoring to buy the product. I see this as better and worse ways to increase revenue - but do not see any disservice to the consumer.

The "release the darn thing" sentiment is understandable, but I absolutely do not want to rush this cake before it's more fully baked (for any product, frankly). There's more of a possible customer satisfaction issue with getting a rushed product than a properly tested/designed/coded/featured/documented/etc. product. "Properly" is relative - the advent of firmware and non-volatile storage allows for a few things to creep in "post launch".

Posted : 22/09/2017 7:47 pm
Page 4 / 4
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us