Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Yamaha Montage Arranger Performance

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

The Yamaha Montage is a flagship, professional synthesizer, not an arranger keyboard like Genos. The big question is: Can we use Montage as an arranger keyboard? The answer normally would be: No, because it is a synthesizer. My personal answer is: Yes, you can use it as any other arranger keyboard. You can have the same functions as an arranger keyboard but with a higher, world-class sound quality. With Yamaha Montage, you can get a much better sound quality than on arranger keyboards. Incredible, realistic tones and drum sets, higher quality effects that help the live or studio performance to sound like a real band. I had many gigs where I only played bar piano music. For this purpose, Montage is a perfect choice with a stunning piano sound. Sometimes the parties end up with dancing so I had to carry my Tyros 5 to have an arranger keyboard as well, with styles. Now with this new custom library for Montage I don’t need any arranger keyboard. I can play nice bar piano music and Pop,Latin, Dance, all genres of music only with the Montage. At the same time, I have a high quality,professional Synthesizer, Piano, and Arranger keyboard under my hand.
Yamaha Montage Arranger Performances

Posted : 19/04/2020 10:14 pm
Michele

All in all, digging into the enormous quantity of avaliable arpeggios, with some patience, time and knowledge at your side, a Montage and MODX can be turned into full featured realtime arrangers. There's nothing wrong in it, but Montage wasn't designed to be an arranger and, perhaps, developing new styles is not so straightforward as on a dedicated instrument.

Posted : 21/04/2020 8:02 pm
Eminent Member

yes youre right its a great synth but i disagree with you about piano sounds. I have also have nord electro, Kawai ca 78 piano and software piano vst (kontak grandeur, rawenscraft). when you play others you can see the weak point of montage is piano sounds. However ı have sampled my nord and kawai pianos via samplerobot. I also have sampled release samples using motion sequencer (motion sequencer provides reducing the relase samples volume over time). I respect form yamaha supply c7 grand sample using in yc stage keyboards

Posted : 22/04/2020 8:45 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us