Clear all

Arranging Performances/Master mode and Song/Mixing/Master

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 john
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister - Let's say I wish to arrange all Performances/Master modes in USR1, A 1-8, and all Song/Mixing/Masters in USR1 A 9-16. As of now, they aren't all in the order I desire. How do I re-arrange? And...for that matter if one has Performances/Master and Song/Mixing/Master essentially the same except Song/Mixing?Master has more voices, is it more efficient to line them up side by side? Example, ELP Performance USR1 A 1, and ELP Song/Mixing/Master URS1 A 2, or is it better to arrange all Performances in a row, then all Song/Mixing/Masters in a row? Thanks, John R.

Posted : 24/03/2017 4:15 pm
Bad Mister

They are all just MASTER programs- it does not matter what they are associated with. If you need to put them in a specific order you simply STORE them that way.

If they already occupy places you wish to put them, simply recall the Master 001 (A01) store it to Master 017 (B01), recall Master 002 (A02) store it to Master 018 (B02) and so on... so that your 16 are are in "B" bank, B01-B16;

Now you can move them back to the "A" Group, in the order you require.

Do not worry about overwriting the factory Masters - they are just "placeholders".

If you'd rather spend money, then there is a third party editing suite (John Melas MOTIF XF Total Librarian) that has a Master Editor for such things... you can drag and drop them into place using your computer.

Posted : 24/03/2017 6:08 pm
 john
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I am not sure I completely understand "recall." So a Master program, press Edit, then find the current location of the Master and change it? If not correct, please walk me thru the steps to find the location, then move it to where I want. Thanks, John R.

Posted : 24/03/2017 7:25 pm
Bad Mister

I am not sure I completely understand "recall."

Recall means:
press [MASTER] to enter Master mode, the top line of the screen will indicate "MASTER" and the currently recalled program, for example, it might say: USER 001(A01) that is the currently recalled Master program.

Press the INC button to advance to USER 002(A02)...
or use the GROUP A-H buttons and the (Track) NUMBER buttons to recall a MASTER program. There are 128 Master Programs: 001(A01) through 128(H16)
Eight Groups with 16 Programs in each Group = 128 Programs.

If you have STORED your setups in GROUP A, you can simply recall the first one; 001(A01)...
Press [STORE]
a screen will appear asking you WHERE you want to STORE this... Use the DATA DIAL or the GROUP and TRACK NUMBER buttons to designate a location, for example 017(B01).

In this fashion you can clear out GROUP A... then you can put them back in the order you desire.

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:12 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us