Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can I use Bank/Group/Voice to select voices in SONG and PATTERN mode?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

When in VOICE mode, I like to use the bank/group/voice method (rather than category search) to select my desired voice quickly.

But when I'm in SONG and PATTERN mode, this method doesn't seem to be available (other than painstakingly dialing in values on the MIXING page).

Is there any way to work in these modes and still select voices using the method I prefer?

Thank you.

Posted : 24/06/2020 11:43 am
Bad Mister

When in VOICE mode, I like to use the bank/group/voice method (rather than category search) to select my desired voice quickly.

But when I'm in SONG and PATTERN mode, this method doesn't seem to be available (other than painstakingly dialing in values on the MIXING page).

Is there any way to work in these modes and still select voices using the method I prefer?

Thank you.

Thanks for the question.

Yes there is. When you are in Song/Pattern mode you can still use the Bank/Group/Program method to select your desired Voice, as you are used to doing.

From [SONG] or [PATTERN] simply press [MIXING]
Then [PROGRAM] upper right front panel
You likely have

lit, if you press [PROGRAM] the Bank, Group, and Program # buttons work as you expect.
The buttons will light and the screen will update to verify and assist you in your selection.

Hope that helps.

Extra Credit:
Song and Pattern are the Sequencer Modes and refer to the MIDI data recorded to the Tracks
Mixing is the Synthesizer in multi mode, and refers always to the sounds.

button let’s you select the Sequencer location
[PROGRAM] button let’s you select the Tone Generator Instruments.

When [SONG] or [PATTERN] are lit alone, pressing [EDIT] drops you into editing the MIDI data on the Tracks
When additionally [MIXING] is lit, press [EDIT] has to do with adjusting the Synth sounds.

When [SONG] or [PATTERN] are lit alone, pressing [PROGRAM] let’s you use the Group A-D, and Program buttons, 1-16, to select a Song or Pattern 1-64, directly, using the buttons.

Posted : 24/06/2020 2:30 pm
Topic starter

That is good news and improves my user experience.

Thank you.

Posted : 25/06/2020 4:24 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us