Notifications
Clear all

can't load midi songs from Cubase into my MOTIF XF

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 john
Topic starter

Bad Mister, I have 3 midi songs loaded into cubase. I have the yamaha midi driver installed on my MacBook Air. Using a USB cable connected from the computer to my MOTIF XF I cannot get the songs to play on the keyboard. Next question: How to I eliminate parts of midi songs on Cubase i don't want? Thanks, John

Posted : 26/09/2017 7:11 pm
Bad Mister

Cubase questions:

Using a USB cable connected from the computer to my MOTIF XF I cannot get the songs to play on the keyboard. Next question: How to I eliminate parts of midi songs on Cubase i don't want?

You must route each Track to the Motif XF. If you recorded the data using the XF, then this is already happening. If you did not, then you need to select the Tracks in the Cubase Track Inspector and set the OUT to “Yamaha Motif XF-1” Port 1;

We assume you have the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver appropriate for your computer and it’s operating system. (USB-MIDI Driver 1.3.2-2 for MAC OSX)

You eliminate Tracks by selecting the Track (highlight it) and press “Delete” on your computer keyboard.

For details on operating your version of Cubase, you should really visit the Steinberg Forums or the excellent video support for Cubase on their YouTube Channel.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 27/09/2017 10:13 am
 john
Eminent Member

I was able to select the tracks in the track inspector but could not find anywhere to set "out to Yamaha Motif XF-1" I do not find the Steinberg Forums of any help and the You Tube videos are extremely complicated. What I need is to get thru to Yamaha Support but it is virtually impossible to reach them via phone. Appreciate your help. I am about ready to give up.

Posted : 28/09/2017 1:55 am
Bad Mister

On your Mac, Go to "System Preferences"
You'll find the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver icon... (Screenshot 1 below)

If you double click the icon it will identify your Motif XF model... (Screenshot 2 below)

In Cubase when you go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI > MIDI PORT SETUP... you can mark the Motif XF Port 1 as your "In 'All MIDI Inputs'" - each item marked in this column will be available as an input device to the MIDI Tracks as "All MIDI Inputs" ... (Screenshot 3 below)

In the REMOTE DEVICES folder set the Motif XF port 2 as the INPUT and OUTPUT for the Remote Control functions... (Screenshot 4 below)

On the main Cubase Track window when you select a MIDI Track the Track Inspector will show:
->] All MIDI Inputs
[-> Yamaha Motif XF Port 1
CH #

(screenshot 5 below)

Attached files

Posted : 28/09/2017 7:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us