Change midi key

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Rich
 Rich
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This simple mind needs a simple answer. I loaded an ALL file i created 3 years ago to redo several songs.

The key signatures are NOT what I recorded them in.....Am key is now Abm and so on. All are a 1/2 step lower.
I may have recorded them with the master tuning down 1/2 step, since our old lead singer wanted us to all tune down.
I'm not really sure, but How can i convert these songs back to original keys I played them in, without messing with the
transpose option in the sequencer. From what i recall, if i transpose up one step and record playing Am keys, then when i play back
it will still be off 1/2 step.

i suspect the solution is moronically simple, but i'm having a hard time. thanks in advance.

Posted : 25/03/2016 8:30 pm
Rich
 Rich
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hey charles. I was signing on to say I found a fix but I'll check out that link.
In song mode, I went to JOB, TRANSPOSE, and selected ALL tracks, except drums, and raised it 1/2 step. All good now

Thx for help

Posted : 25/03/2016 9:35 pm

right on Richie.
hey I replied on motifator to your question about recording audio using your 2i2.
hope you're doing good with that, too.

Posted : 25/03/2016 9:42 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us