Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

mLAN Driver and YSFW Driver on the same computer?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Alex
Topic starter

I currently have a Motif ES with the mLAN board along with an 01X and I am considering adding a Motif XF to my setup. Since the XF firewire board uses a different firewire driver than than the ES, I have the following question:

I would like to know if anyone can confirm if the old firewire driver (the “mLAN Driver” (used for the mLan16e, 01x, and i88x) and the new firewire driver (the “YSFW Driver”) can co-exist on the same computer (assuming that they are not running on the same time)? Will having both the mLan driver and the YSFW driver installed on my computer cause any conflicts? Again, I do not plan to run them both simultaneously, I just would like to be able to switch between the two as needed. Thanks.

I have a Mac running OS 10.7.5 as it is the last mac OS to support mLAN.

Thanks.

Posted : 22/03/2016 3:18 pm
Bad Mister

Hi Alex,

Awesome system...

I would like to know if anyone can confirm if the old firewire driver (the “mLAN Driver” (used for the mLan16e, 01x, and i88x) and the new firewire driver (the “YSFW Driver”) can co-exist on the same computer (assuming that they are not running on the same time)? Will having both the mLan driver and the YSFW driver installed on my computer cause any conflicts? Again, I do not plan to run them both simultaneously, I just would like to be able to switch between the two as needed. Thanks.

Please contact our Customer Support desk as they may have information on the drivers co-existing on the same computer. When it comes to what causes conflicts on a computer running a specific Mac OS, can be more than theoretical... And outside basic musician knowledge of computers, so ... If your in the USA please contact them at 714.522.9000

Posted : 22/03/2016 3:33 pm
 Alex
Topic starter

Thanks Phil for the quick reply! I will give the Customer Support desk a call.

Thanks, the mLan system is indeed awesome and is still serving me well. And I don't think that I've even explored half of its full capabilities all these years later!

Posted : 22/03/2016 8:11 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us