Notifications
Clear all

Exporting Waveform

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I downloaded some samples of the Linn Drum Lm1 off the internet on my flash drive. I was able to drag and drop it in the John Melas Waveform Editor to work with. My question is how do I export it from the waveform editor into my Motif XF to create my own drum kit using those samples?

Posted : 11/08/2019 9:56 pm
Bad Mister

You can create a file using the Melas Waveform Editor that you can load directly to your Motif XF.
Assuming you have the data open in the Melas Waveform Editor, highlight all the Waveforms you wish to export.

Click on New File, create a “Motif XF Waveform File”
Paste the Waveforms into the blank field
This will create a .X3W (All Waveform File)
COPY the file to a USB stick you use with your Motif XF

This can be loaded directly to your Motif XF as Waveforms... you can now use these in creating Motif XF Voices and Drum Kits
Press [FILE] > Set the TYPE = “All Waveform”
Move the cursor into the Directory area and highlight the .X3W File
Your Load options will appear at the bottom right side of the screen.

Press [SF2] LOAD

This will make your Waveforms available for use in the Voices and/or Drum Kits that you build.
Go to the User Voice or Drum Kit (in your case) that you want to start using the data
Press [EDIT]
Press [1] to view the “Edit-Key” parameters
Here you will find your newly loaded Waveforms ready for assignment to the currently selected Key.
Select a Drum Key between C0 and C6
Set the “Wave Bank” to “USR”, “FL1” or “FL2” depending on where you directed them in the Motif XF Waveform Editor
Set the “Wave Number” to select the Waveform

Once you have completed the Kit, STORE it.

Posted : 12/08/2019 10:05 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you for the response, but you loss me when explaining the part about pressing UTILITY> Contents>Load>Set the Content Type=User File because on the Motif XF, it doesn't have a tab for Content, Load, or Set the Content Type Option.Also, I don't have a Montage so I'm assuming that's a typo.

Posted : 12/08/2019 10:38 pm
Bad Mister

I thought you were moving these to MONTAGE (don’t know why), My bad... I’ve corrected it above for Motif XF.

The USR Waveform area of the XF has 128 Waveform locations... and 128MB of memory
The FL Waveform area of the Flash Board has 2048 locations... and each FL Board is designated by size.

Posted : 12/08/2019 11:39 pm

James,
If you're after Linn Drum voices for the XF -
Thanks to Joel - http://papanix.free.fr/Moessieurs/voice_samples_xf.html
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=CC386088E59D37A0%21125&cid=CC386088E59D37A0
Regards.

Posted : 13/08/2019 3:25 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us