Notifications
Clear all

Flash Memory Expansion Module

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Recently, I purchased a second flash memory expansion module and installed it into my Motif XF 8. Once, I turned it back over and turn the power on it said Unrecognized Flash Memory Module, Format now. However, when I press the Utility mode then( F6) Flash button, it only show that FL1 that's already formatted. It's not showing that FL2 is even installed. I don't understand after following the direction in my owner's manual and installing and re-installing it four times. Also, I accidentally erased all the data on FL1 by pushing the format button. Do anyone have any suggestion about what's going on or what I should do?

Posted : 07/08/2015 1:29 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry you are having an issue with the Flash Boards.

When you press [UTILITY] > [F6] FLASH you arrive at the FLASH MEMORY screen.
The highlight (cursor) initially highlights the Flash Board slot "FL1". It will report the status of the Board selected...Formatted/unformatted, Total size, Free size
If you use the Data Dial or the [INC/YES] button you can select FL2. It will report the status of the Board selected... Formatted/unformatted, Total size, Free size.

Each slot is physically labeled inside the panel of the Motif XF, and since the Flash Boards can be used in several different Yamaha products, it is necessary to format a new Board. (A certain portion of the total memory on the board will be reserved by the system of your product). A formatted FL512M will report 510M for Total size and the same for Free size, an FL1024M will report 1022M for Total size and for Free size.

Each Board is addressed individually. Even the SF options will change depending on the status of the selected Board.

When you say it is not even showing the FL2 Board, it is unclear from your post if you have used the Data Dial or [INC/YES] to select FL2. If you have, what makes you say it is not even showing the FL2 Board? For example, does it report a Total size? Does it report Free size? Are these fields blank? Are you unable to select FL2 at all?

Let us know.

Posted : 07/08/2015 5:29 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello Bad Mister, thank you for your response. No, I didn't use the data dial and the FL1 board is saying that the total size is 510m, 118m is free. However, after reading your reply, I was able to use the data dial to bring up FL2 and format it and afterward, it stated that the total size is 510m and there's 510m that's free. Therefore, the problem was me not using the data dial to bring up FL2 and I thought I was installing it wrong, or it was a defected unit. It didn't mention using the data dial in the instruction once you bring the flash memory screen up. Thank you again for your support, it's greatly appreciated!

Posted : 07/08/2015 6:03 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us