Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How do I make the last note or chord of a arpeggiator phrase sustain?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Dave
Topic starter

Is it possible to have the last note of a arpeggiator phrase to be sustained? this would be great for pause or ended of a song etc. this would be very useful to me with guitar voices.
TIA

Posted : 28/05/2020 2:38 pm
Bad Mister

Is it possible to have the last note of a arpeggiator phrase to be sustained? this would be great for pause or ended of a song etc. this would be very useful to me with guitar voices.
TIA

When you create the note data for the Arpeggio phrase, hold the notes you wish to sustain. This can be done manually or with the Sustain pedal. Sustain cannot be added to an Arp later, the sustained notes must be included in the phrase data itself.

There are a few examples of Arp Phrases, among the Preset Arps, that are designed as Endings; you will see them with the prefix EA, EB etc. ‘E’ for Ending, the second letter is complexity A thru D.

“Ending” Arp Phrases typically have an extra measure added on with no data — allowing time for the performer to press [STOP]. The Arp Phrase Data should always follow the rules when it comes to Note duration (note-off), Sustain pedal off, etc. — each note-on must have a duration that ends within the Phrase length, and each Sustain On message cc64, must have Sustain Off message within the Phrase length.

Posted : 28/05/2020 4:30 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us