Notifications
Clear all

Load XF/MOXF library to XS.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Greetings,

I want to replace my MO6 to Motif XS6. Montage is too pricy, and XF6 is rare in my region.
One question, can you put Motif XF/MOXF sound library to Motif XS?

Thank You

Posted : 21/01/2021 5:40 am
Bad Mister

Greetings,

I want to replace my MO6 to Motif XS6. Montage is too pricy, and XF6 is rare in my region.

Thank You

No, mostly no. The later product can typical load the previous product’s sound libraries not the other way around... this is because the later product is provided with a “look-up” table that is designed to find either the same or an appropriate substitute waveform, if the Wave is not carried over to the next product. So the later product can translate the earlier product’s sounds directly from a File. But the opposite direction in time is not supported.

_ The MO6 (2005) had a 4-Element AWM2 sample-based architecture with 175MB worth of Factory Wave ROM... it was the affordable version of the Motif ES6 (2003) 4-Element AWM2 + User sampling to SIMMs. One Arpeggiator 1787 Arps
_ The Motif XS (2007) moved to an 8-Element architecture, with a 355MB Wave ROM... and added as much as 1GB of User Waveforms on two optional 512MB DIMMs. Four Arpeggiators over 7800 Arps
_ The Motif XF (2010) doubled the Wave ROM, expanded the User Waveform function with dedicated Flash Boards (2GB), the Factory ROM to 741MB
The MOXF (2013) is like the little brother to the Motif XF - same 741MB Factory Wave ROM, 1GB expansion via Flash Board

The MONTAGE (current) expanded on the Motif XF architecture by allowing as many as 64 Elements in a Normal playable program... it does this by letting you ‘rack’ 8 XF sized programs into one Performance for simultaneous play/control, the Factory Wave ROM has exploded up to 5.67GB and the instrument has 1,75GB of built-in User Waveform storage. Eight Arpeggiators and over 10,200 Arps

It’s little brother, the MODX (current), is what I want to bring into the conversion. It is half the price and half the weight of the MONTAGE (and is currently the best selling instruments in its category). It features the same 5.67GB of Factory Wave ROM and 1GB of User Waveform memory standard. Like harnessing 8 Motif XFs per playable sound. with the the ability to Load Motif XS/XF and MOXF data directly, and you can even convert MO6 via (free) Editors...

The MODX is also current product and cutting edge sound and approach. Give a good long look - in terms of “bang-for-the-buck” (most for your money) it would be hard to beat.

Posted : 21/01/2021 7:49 pm
Topic starter

Greetings,

Thank You

No, mostly no. The later product can typical load the previous product’s sound libraries not the other way around... this is because the later product is provided with a “look-up” table that is designed to find either the same or an appropriate substitute waveform, if the Wave is not carried over to the next product. So the later product can translate the earlier product’s sounds directly from a File. But the opposite direction in time is not supported.

_ The MO6 (2005) had a 4-Element AWM2 sample-based architecture with 175MB worth of Factory Wave ROM... it was the affordable version of the Motif ES6 (2003) 4-Element AWM2 + User sampling to SIMMs. One Arpeggiator 1787 Arps
_ The Motif XS (2007) moved to an 8-Element architecture, with a 355MB Wave ROM... and added as much as 1GB of User Waveforms on two optional 512MB DIMMs. Four Arpeggiators over 7800 Arps
_ The Motif XF (2010) doubled the Wave ROM, expanded the User Waveform function with dedicated Flash Boards (2GB), the Factory ROM to 741MB
The MOXF (2013) is like the little brother to the Motif XF - same 741MB Factory Wave ROM, 1GB expansion via Flash Board

The MONTAGE (current) expanded on the Motif XF architecture by allowing as many as 64 Elements in a Normal playable program... it does this by letting you ‘rack’ 8 XF sized programs into one Performance for simultaneous play/control, the Factory Wave ROM has exploded up to 5.67GB and the instrument has 1,75GB of built-in User Waveform storage. Eight Arpeggiators and over 10,200 Arps

It’s little brother, the MODX (current), is what I want to bring into the conversion. It is half the price and half the weight of the MONTAGE (and is currently the best selling instruments in its category). It features the same 5.67GB of Factory Wave ROM and 1GB of User Waveform memory standard. Like harnessing 8 Motif XFs per playable sound. with the the ability to Load Motif XS/XF and MOXF data directly, and you can even convert MO6 via (free) Editors...

The MODX is also current product and cutting edge sound and approach. Give a good long look - in terms of “bang-for-the-buck” (most for your money) it would be hard to beat.

Thank You Bad Mister! Sorry for the late reply. I think MODX is a good choice for my next synthesizer.

Posted : 09/02/2021 4:39 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us