Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOTIF won't read the volume automation we set in the Cubase AI 9

20 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Bad Mister

Well, that’s true, no audio travels through the USB cable (it is MIDI data only). You need to connect two audio cables from the Motif XF to your sound system.

Posted : 16/03/2018 7:30 pm
 Barb

Bad Mister. This issue had Avery and I stumped as we could not get sound thru the Motif. However I talked to one of the good folks at Steinberg and what I need to purchase is an audio interface. Steinberg makes the UR 22 MK 11 and this is what he recommended. Thanks for your help and at least now we know why it wouldn't work. John

Posted : 22/03/2018 9:29 pm
Bad Mister

No, we don’t.

What is your ultimate goal?

From what you have written here it doesn’t seem you need to purchase anything. From what I understand you have MIDI data recorded so that it can be played back to the Motif XF. The Motif XF is your MIDI interface... it is your MIDI Tone Generator. It will interpret your MIDI messages recorded in the sequence and turn them in to sound.

The sound can be heard by plugging headphones into the Motif XF PHONES jack, or by plugging the Main L/R Outputs of the XF to a sound system.

Did I misunderstand your goal?

Posted : 23/03/2018 1:48 pm
 Barb

Sorry for the delay. I thought the issued was settled. Goal: Transfer recorded midi data which are songs on the MacBook Air into the Motif XF via USB cable and be able to hear it. I have monitors that are correctly plugged into the Motif. I have not tried head phones but will give it a try. BTW, I have tried different USB cables on the outside chance mine was faulty. I hope you are correct, Phil. And I hope I have been clear in my explanation of goals. Very simple, my midi tracks play fine on the MacBook Air but will not play sounds when the USB cable is plugged into the Motif. I talked to your good tech Lewis who said I needed a mixer. I also talked to Joel at Steinberg who took control of my computer to check if all my connections which you described above were done correctly, which they were. It as he that said I needed an audio interface which Yamaha sells. So someone is correct and someone is incorrect. Obviously I hope it's you as it will same me money. The other thing you need to consider is my friend Avery Burnette and I worked on this for well over an hour and failed. So something is wrong. Please advise and thanks for your help. John

Posted : 11/04/2018 2:33 pm
 Barb

Bad Mister - The answer to all of this according to the Sweetwater techs, Steinberg tech, and Lewis from Yamaha is to buy (which is on order,)an audio interface/mixer. This seems to be the only way the Motif can interpret midi data and turn it into actual sounds coming from the Motif.

Posted : 26/04/2018 7:20 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us