Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Need Help: 10th Anniversary Pack by Wojtek Olszak VS Chick's Mark V?

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello,

hope you can help me.
I've got the 10th Anniversary Pack by Wojtek Olszak for the XF. Among other things this library also includes the samples of Chick Corea's Mark V.
Now my question is: What are the differences between these 2 libraries as far as the Mark V is concerned? What would I gain by purchasing the Chick's Mark V library from the Motifator shop?
My understanding is that the only difference is in the number of voices - Chick's Mark V has more, but the samples (waveforms) are the same in both libraries. Is this correct?

Thanks a lot!

Posted : 27/10/2016 7:11 pm

Edit - I've had issues trying to delete/combine posts.
If you spend the $129 and purchase through the Motifator store (or elsewhere at whatever price) you'd get the voices as tweaked and one demo song. It was also included in the 40th Anniversary pack and others.
Note - Some voices use different switches, knobs and controllers to change different effects
See my further post on the voices for both. πŸ˜‰

Posted : 28/10/2016 7:10 am

Yamaha Music Production Guide 06/2015 has the article on the WO 10th Anniversary Pack with the screen shot showing the waveforms.
They are exactly the same as the ones in Chick's Mark V and also the other two Yamaha promotional soundsets as stated.

Posted : 28/10/2016 7:11 am

From the same article in regard to the voices -
Sometimes it is precisely this slight touch of more or less Cutoff, a reduced amount of the effect, the ghost of a frequency alteration with the Voice's EQ, or a processed parameter of the LFO.

From the Chick's Mark V pdf - β€œChick’s Mark V” features 16 voices which are all based on samples of Chick Corea’s own customized Rhodes Mark V electric piano. The voices range from the basic electric piano to several variations with slightly different processing and
equalization, to a collection of voices based on Rhodes sounds heard on 70’s recordings of Chick’s band Return To Forever.
The original sample recordings were done at Mad Hatter Studios in Los Angeles California. Further sample processing was done by Yamaha’s sample processing team, and programming of the voices was done by Dave Polich of DCP Productions.

Attached files

Posted : 28/10/2016 7:15 am
Topic starter

Thanks for the very very helpful answer, James.
Based on your info i think, that this library is definitely worth getting. The only question for me remains when.
As a matter of fact I'm picking my Christmas present. πŸ™‚ I'm trying to decide between this and Signature Piano by K-sounds. I can't get both (at least not for Christmas), so this will be a very tough decision. (:| At least there are still 2 months to go. πŸ™‚
May I ask: Is it the same with Organ Session by Easy Sounds and Inspiration in a Flash?
- I know that that's a new question, but starting a new thread just for this seems pointless.
- I'm also trying to decide between Live Organ and Organ Session, but as these are much cheaper, I won't have to wait that long. πŸ™‚

Posted : 28/10/2016 12:52 pm
Eminent Member

I find multiple versions of generally the same library to be confusing. I don't like it. I end up delaying on buying them. Often the reasons are to promote something. If lots of people react like me, that would diminish the sales of such libraries.

Posted : 02/11/2016 7:45 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us