Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Need help on playing drum kits while I play jazz rock piano without splitting the keyboard.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I want to have a drum kit of my choosing to accompany me when playing any of the piano sounds i.e. (grand piano, jazz rock, ballad etc.).
What is the easiest way to access drum kits for rock, jazz, R& B etc. to play like a drum machine without me having to hold down a key on
my Motif xf8? Also, I want to be able to adjust the tempo as well.

Laurie

Posted : 12/02/2019 7:27 pm
Bad Mister

We moved your post to the MOTIF XF Forum heading.

You can either use a Drum Arpeggio or you can use the Pattern Mode of the Sequencer. The Arpeggiator can press and hold the keys for the drum groove, just as the Sequencer can be used to playback your custom drum grooves.

Drum Arpeggiator
You can place the instrument sound you want to play and a Drum Kit into a Performance
Assign Drum Arps to the Drum Kit Part
You can now play the keyboard sound across all keys, while the Arp assigned to the Drum Kit Part triggers the Drum Kit.

Pattern Mode
Using the Pattern [MIXING] setup to contain the keyboard sound you want to play and a Drum Kit. You can write your own Drum Patterns to play along with.

Tempo is always adjustable.

Posted : 12/02/2019 8:50 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us