Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

not sound with midi keyboard

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

my midi keyboard conected to midi port was working fine to trigger sounds on the motif rack-xs but one day id did not work anymore, I select in the midi menus the midi input, not usb, but nothing happend. The midi commands seems to be receibed by the unit, because it blink each time I play a note. If i put the keyboar throught cubase win usb, it sound normal. But for me this way is not usefull, i play live on stage, What is the problems, somebody has a similar problem

Posted : 11/02/2015 1:27 am
Bad Mister

The blinking light means that the Motif-Rack XS is receiving data.

There are many reason why you may not be hearing sound. The light blinks when you are sending MIDI In but sound only occurs when you properly have the module set to output audio.

First, you need to determine which mode you are in. Are you in Voice mode or Multi mode?
What Midi channel are you transmitting on?
What Midi channel is your Motif-Rack XS set to receive on?

We ask because you made no mention of MIDI channel.

We will assume you are connected to a sound system because you say that it sound normally when connected to a computer via USB. This proves the unit is working.

Check your MIDI cable - they can go bad.
Check you controller keyboard - it may have nothing to do with the Rack XS at all.
In [UTILITY] mode check the following settings:
Select "GENERAL"
Use the Up/Down Cursor arrows to scroll through the parameters
Make sure Volume = 127
Make sure the "mLAN Monitor Switch" = stand alone
Make sure the "Layer 1-4 Part" is set as you expect. Are you layering the first 4 Parts? If not, set this to OFF.
Set the "Audition Button" = Audition sw

Press [VOICE] to place the unit in Voice mode
Recall the "Full Concert Grand" Preset 1, 001
Press the Audition Button... It should flash and play the piano.

Let us know.

Posted : 11/02/2015 2:27 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us