Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

physical connection of firewire cable (400) from MotifXF to computer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I have only one input on the back of my computer that has a firewire 400 port which is compatible with the optional firewire expansion card/port I purchased separately from Yamaha. Problem is, my M-Audio 2626 is already connected directly to this port (the one on the computer). . Do I need to purchase an expansion card with two 400 firewire inputs (one for the maudio and one for the keyboard) OR can I plug the Yamaha directly into the additional 400 port of the M-Audio 2626? Not really sure if it matters. Would that work something kinda like Midi thru? I do realise that USB must be already be connected in addition...

Posted : 22/04/2016 8:39 am
Bad Mister

Do I need to purchase an expansion card with two 400 firewire inputs (one for the maudio and one for the keyboard) OR can I plug the Yamaha directly into the additional 400 port of the M-Audio 2626?

No, definitely do NOT purchase anything. Your computer will likely only be able to handle one FW audio interface at a time.

Unfortunately, you did not provide us with information concerning your computer type, operating system or the DAW software you are using. So all we can tell you is don't spend any money - because it is not necessary and will not solve your issue. Please provide us with additional information.

Not really sure if it matters. Would that work something kinda like Midi thru? I do realise that USB must be already be connected in addition...

No, audio works nothing like MIDI. And no you do not need to connect via USB. Yamaha's FW protocol takes care of both MIDI and audio.

Posted : 23/04/2016 1:56 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us