recording via microphone

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hallo Bad Mister !
i have motif xf8 with builded in interface, connected with cubase 7.5 via fire wire .
my mic 2 microphones connected to A/D input on the back of motif.
i need to record one guy playing electric guitar (could plug guitar into A/D IMPUT or just record with mic next to amplifire)
the second guy will play latin drums , i assume i have to record him with mic.
and i'll play piano using motif piano sounds .
what is the best way to set this all up? when go to cubase and load one of the ready set ups for vocal and guitar for instance its working but as soon as i add truck with motif piano i loose sound from one mic ?

robert

Posted : 04/06/2016 11:18 pm
Bad Mister

The A/D input is really just a single input. Here's what I mean, it can accommodate a single mono or a single stereo input. Yes, you can plug two different sources into it, not prevents you from doing that, but recognize you only have a single gain control. So therefore you must use the volume of the external devices in conjunction with the XF back panel gain control to set your levels.

I hope you understand what this means. There is but one single gain control for both input jacks. So unless the microphones are the same model you may find setting levels difficult.

You cannot use the templates, particularly, if you don't know if they are going to do exactly what you need. It is not clear from your question, if your goal is to record everyone playing at the same time, or is overdubbing an option. Let us know.

Do you have a small mixer that you can use? Let us know.

Posted : 05/06/2016 12:54 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us