Notifications
Clear all

Synth Book and AN2015 on Motif XF

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Topic starter

Hi. My first post on this forum. I came across Synth Book on the app store. I think it's great. In looking at the manual, it indicates that it works with MOXF series keyboards. I am in the market for a workstation and weighing whether to get the MOXF6 or Motif XF6 (used). I would prefer XF6 based on better hardware, sampling and 2 expansion boards, but I first need to know if Synth Book (AN2015) is compatible with XF series workstations. Hoping someone can please weigh in and let me know if it works on the XF. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted : 07/07/2016 2:44 am
Bad Mister

Welcome to Yamaha Synth!

The Motif XF (2010) predates the MOXF (2013) which was the first Class Compliant iOS compatible synth from Yamaha.

That said there are several apps designed for the Motif XF
Cloud Recorder for Motif XF - wireless audio recording/playback (requires USB wifi LAN device)
Voice Editor Essentials - works wireless LAN or cabled or Bluetooth MIDI connection (Yamaha MD-BT01)
Multi Editor Essentials - works wireless LAN or cabled or Bluetooth MIDI connection (Yamaha MD-BT01)
Performance Editor Essentials - works wireless LAN or cabled or Bluetooth MIDI connection (MD-BT01)
Fader & XY Pad - works via cable or wireless LAN
Mobile Music Sequencer - works via cable or wireless LAN

_ You can connect the Motif XF to the AN2015 using the MD-Bluetooth adapter (MD-BT01) and play it from your Motif XF keyboard (MIDI only), audio from the iOS device must be connected to a sound system via its audio output jack. With proper cabling you can run it through the A/D Inputs on the XF.
_ Alternatively, you can connect the Motif XF to the AN2015 using a USB cable + Apple adapter, but again it will be MIDI only, the audio from the iOS device must be connected to a sound system or through the XF's A/D inputs.

_ With the MOXF (Class Compliant) means both MIDI and audio will be handled by the USB cable + Apple adapter, no need to connect the audio output of the iOS device to a sound system, that takes place via the single connection.
All the Apps listed above also work with the MOXF (except the "Cloud Recorder for Motif XF" which is a dedicated wireless only program) there is a generic recorder called "Cloud Recorder" that works with MOXF.

Hope that explains the difference.

Posted : 07/07/2016 4:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us