Clear all

Longer resonance effect for piano?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I tried to create a longer resonance effect using the Damper Resonance effect but I can't find the correct settings sot that the length of the resonance effect produces or lasts longer than what I want it's mostly like a reverb and I guess it ignores some part of the note played? It seems it only works on a very short fraction of the voice. I want to produce a nice resonance like this:

Sarah McLachlan - Angel

The sympathetic resonance is much longer and there is no way I can get such long effect from Damper Resonance (unless I learn how to work with it?). I tried to insert reverb behind the resonance but still it doesn't produce a good-long resonating sound.

How can I achieve this?

Posted : 06/07/2016 2:19 am
Bad Mister

Work with it you can get that sound as in the linked video. Whether it is longer than you want or shorter is really up to your ears. Work with the Dry/Wet balance.

Reverb is external to the piano and is quite different from the Damper Resonance which is inside the piano box itself -has an entirely different character.

Please see the following article for information on Damper Resonance:
Half Damper, Damper Resonance, and KeyOff Sample

Posted : 11/07/2016 12:13 pm
 A
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Sorry Phil I'm not sure if I understood you properly.I read the article you posted some time ago but still I am unable to recreate such a long lasting resonance. The damper resonance effect is too short I want it to last for example 5-6 seconds but it dies pretty fast and It sounds pretty much like a reverb rather than the resonation of the strings no matter how hard I try.

Posted : 19/07/2016 10:38 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us