Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

The Battle Is Still Being Waged (FW16e).

25 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes

Did you try these folks?

STEINBERG SUPPORT REQUEST
They can get it up and running!

I asked several times in my beginnings with Cubase and with Mac OS X platform, it was always courteous, patient, and professional.
One time all I had to do is trash some old preferences from the Library.... worked like a charm.
In the very beginning, they asked me to uninstall some things and reinstall them again but in a different order. I can recall how skeptical I was but it worked.

Let us know how it was!

Posted : 26/05/2016 12:02 pm
Bad Mister

...in the window on the attached screen, there is no 'Remote Devices' folder listed under the Midi Port Setup indicator.

If your REMOTE DEVICES folder does not appear, click on the "+" sign in the upper left of that screen to ADD it, a list of Devices appear select Motif XF.

Did you install the "Motif XF Extensions" version 1.1.1?

Posted : 26/05/2016 12:26 pm

....sorry Mr. Bad!
I just had to throw in those pennies 😉

Posted : 26/05/2016 7:57 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister, sorry for the delay in my reply, but the answer to your question is yes - I DO have those extensions installed.

@ Bubba,

I may, indeed, have to contact Steinberg Support. Everything else, that I have tried, has proved to be to no avail. Methinks, also, that whatever instructions are out there were compiled under the assumption that interested users would have SOME degree of experience with routing concerns. I, personally, do not. I would have to be seen as someone who needs to be guided with baby steps over the processes.

Posted : 05/06/2016 3:58 am
Bad Mister

Nathan, baby steps, where we left off was with the REMOTE FOLDER... What happens when you press the "+" sign too ADD the Motif XF as a remote device?

Just that one thing, please.

Posted : 05/06/2016 11:32 am
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Bad Mister wrote:

Nathan, baby steps, where we left off was with the REMOTE FOLDER... What happens when you press the "+" sign too ADD the Motif XF as a remote device?

Just that one thing, please.

Bad Mister,

Alongside having to deal with a shoulder-load of other matters, I had really been trying to work myself out of what was going on, without burdening others. But I have not been able to make any mentionable forward movement.

You asked as to what happened when I pressed the "+" sign to add the Motif XF as a remote. Well, that - in itself - is what threw had thrown me. I had thought that I was to see a 'Remote Device' folder in that ADD window, and that the Motif XF would have shown up as an element in its sub folder. That is the way it appears, in the 'Device Setup' window. I just recently thought to click on the 'Motif XF', and it was then that I saw the 'Remote Device' folder show up.

Now, however, I seem to be faced with another challenge, and don't know the level of its pertinence. What I am referring to is the 'Device Setup's' Yamaha Steinberg FW ASIO Window. You'll see that my attached screenshot shows some missing information, compared to the one that was shown in the setup guide link that I'd been given. In that one, the Clock Source showed MotifXF7 Remote, whereas mine is blank. additionally, that one also shows Input and Output Latency values, but mine are blank.

Attached files

Posted : 12/06/2016 11:56 am
Bad Mister

The computer sees your Motif XF, it's just some of the data is not transferring. Please verify that you are set to use FW in the Motif XF
[UTILITY] > [F5] CONTROL > [SF2] MIDI > make sure you have MIDI I/O = FW
Make sure your XF is connected directly to the computer via FW.
Make sure your Motif XF is powered On already when you launch Cubase.

Posted : 12/06/2016 2:34 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok. I had powered the laptop down, while preparing to attend to something else. But, just now, I powered it back up to see about messing with the previously mentioned matter, again. But I was surprised to find that the concerned, missing information - in my Device Setup window - is now appearing. 'Did nothing different. Just powered on my laptop, opened Cubase and called up the Device Setup window. Strange, and now it's about seeing how far I can get 🙂 .

Posted : 12/06/2016 8:09 pm
Bad Mister

In general, power on your instrument first, then your computer. This is important because the computer must scan its ports for it to know what's connected.

Posted : 13/06/2016 12:29 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok....I am done with this.

I recently read where someone had been experiencing the exact same issues that I am faced with. It turned out that his problems had been generated from the type of chipset in his laptop. His stated remedial effort? To buy another laptop.

Well, I certainly can't afford another computer - be it laptop or desktop - and don't think that I would buy one even if I could.

It's been a mighty long battle; dealing with this ongoing matter, and now it is time to take the gloves off, and leave it alone.

But, many thanks to those who did try to help me.

Posted : 17/06/2016 3:21 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us