Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Voltage 110v to 220v version (PSU Changing)

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Venkatesh
Topic starter

I have been hunting for a Motif XF6 in Asian region (Used one) I am unable to find a 230v / 220v version…

I could get a lot in US and Japan. But all are 110v version. While inclined to buy that, the issue is the voltage.

Rather than using a voltage transformer, I wish to change the PSU to 220v. Can this be done in XF ? any advise ...

Posted : 30/03/2016 5:32 am
Bad Mister

Sure it can be done, but check to make sure what the exact voltage tolerance of the particular XF is. Different parts of the world may have units with 220/230V, some with switchable power supplies, I cannot for sure say what the particular XF you are looking at has as a power supply.

Better safe than sorry. Have it checked by a qualified service center. Don't guess.

Posted : 30/03/2016 11:33 am
Venkatesh
Topic starter

Thank you "Bad Mister" πŸ™‚

My question is if I buy a Motif XF from Japan or US which is 110v version, Is it possible to just make it to 220v by changing the power socket on the XF or by switching on some kind of voltage change switch inside?

I dont want to use a power converter...

Posted : 31/03/2016 12:10 am
Bad Mister

I would still have it checked by an authorized service center, (it is no longer a current product). So wherever you purchase it, you will want to verify whether it already includes a universal power supply or a specific local (regional) power supply.

Posted : 10/04/2016 12:48 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us