Clear all

Vst editor

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
robert
Topic starter

Hallo again Bad Mister
This is Chopin123, I switched from motifator personal message, you helped me to connect VST editor and motif yesterday and today ,
I sent you a message that after came back from work I turned on motif and it all synchronized by it self and worked perfect. As I was doing mixing later cubase suddenly quit and my project is gone. No problem I can do it again..........so I fallowed the steps from your yamaha link again to start new project and then I got this message :photo attached , so something is not working still........I pressed ok. And continued with project according to the link and I have the same problem that drums from performance which are on the first track are silent , the midi data is there but no sound?

Posted : 28/10/2014 5:02 pm
robert
Topic starter

Missing photo, That face came up by exident ,sorry,

Posted : 28/10/2014 5:09 pm
robert
Topic starter

Photo

Attached files

Posted : 28/10/2014 5:19 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member

Ah, I lounched everything from the beginning and again it's all working, just needed to unchecked the arpeggio play only in VST editor of arppegio section on the right at the bottom. But before when I got that message I sent you with photo I couldn't hear the first track whether arp play only was off or on.
So inconsistent ......

Posted : 28/10/2014 6:06 pm
Bad Mister

When you get a messages alerting you of missing ports, your computer is temporarily confused about the currently available hardware connections. You can click on each instance of "missing" and manually connect it.

You mentioned in one of your previous posts about the VST CONNECTIONS > INPUTS tab being setup for your A/D Input... I think you meant the AD Input was still assigned to the default FW13/14... Not sure, but these very ports going missing means that, when you attempted to open the project, it was seeing a difference in the assignment request for these two ports. Perhaps you were opening a Project where the 13/14 were assigned elsewhere or not at all. (Perhaps launching the Editor VST grabbed the ports).

Either way, instead of clicking "OK", You should manually set the ports your computer has lost track off. In general, this type of thing stops happening once you've successfully configure your setup properly for your desired workflow. The whole idea is the setup "persists"... Meaning your last setup will be remembered. And once you get it exactly as you like you learn where to lock it in as your Preference. Of course, routing is designed to be dynamic... You can lock in an initial setting, but remember routing is designed to be changed, as necessary.

I cannot tell you exactly why the ports went "missing" (not without knowing what you were doing) but it is not at all unusual when you are making/trying out different settings, particularly when rerouting via the Editor VST. As you mention, you tried later and the computer found the missing ports.

You may want to look into your computer's power options. If ports are going missing, it could be a simple difference in data in the file from current settings or it could be you computer did not fully refresh - perhaps after coming back from sleep or hibernation. I think it was simply VST input routing.

Posted : 28/10/2014 6:58 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member

In my cubase preferences shal I have midi set to intruments or midi ?There is couple options :midi,instruments ,HALion sonic.....
Something is happening with my PC, I decided to turn everything off and restart my Mac, after it restarted my Mac,desctop photo went back to original Maverics instead what I had before.......

Posted : 28/10/2014 7:23 pm
Bad Mister

In my cubase preferences shal I have midi set to intruments or midi ?There is couple options :midi,instruments ,HALion sonic.....
Something is happening with my PC, I decided to turn everything off and restart my Mac, after it restarted my Mac,desctop photo went back to original Maverics instead what I had before.......

Sorry, we cannot help you with your desktop or Mavericks...

If you are talking about Cubase Preferences for importing MIDI Files - that is up to you. Do you work with MIDI Files often?
If so, what tone engine do you want to use for this purpose?

Posted : 28/10/2014 8:08 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member

Ok. So here are the things that confuse about cubase 7.5 I just checked few:
1.when you import song with performance in it , after it gets to cubase via motif xf vst instruments it sets 2 first tracks of performance off ,you can't hear them unless you go to VST editor -arpeggio and uncheck individually "arpeggio play only" for 1 then second track.tehy made it like that as default .
2. You need to uncheck also maine arpegiio in VST editor in low right corner or in the button in motif ( it's same thing)
3.it makes a difference how you start the project
You can't go right away to import song because it's not highlighted in the file Manu ,you have to choose templet or go to empty tam lemplet.if you go to motif xf 8 vst instruments then it opens right away if you continue from it will ask you if you want to open new project , if you say no because you already opened one then it will open VST editor with all the 16 tracks midi tracks assigned to VST instruments in editor , you won't need to highlited them and change to 01motif xf midi in, they are all like that but then tempo of you imported song is messed up, it's always 120.00 and you will need to delete unused tracks. Motif 9 channels will be first and then the real from 9 down.....
If you set yes, open new project it will open 16 tracks that you will have to assign to 01 motif xf midi in, and you will have to close the first project that opened first. Then you tempo is ok......
There must be a bag it's this tempo because it makes more sense to open the ready templet for motif xf vst that already a signes midi tracks as deafoult ,I think that's why they changed it in 7.5.......
What do you think?
I went back and forth with all these options and that's what happens.....?

Posted : 28/10/2014 11:46 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member

If you start from empty templet tempo is also wrong...

Posted : 28/10/2014 11:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us