vst editor

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

hallo Bad Mister
i'm trying to open my old projects,i'm connected via FW.
i'm in cubase, i import motif song and so on.........everything is there like midi tracks , vst editor shows all instruments correctly but no audio.
in cubase motif audio channel does not show activity. i noticed when i go to set up window in vst editor midi out shows not assigned and it should say motif XF.when i click on it there is no other option , no motif just not assigned option. sometimes it's in yellow color. so some error here. how do i fix that?

thank you

Posted : 14/10/2015 8:07 pm
Bad Mister

In the Motif XF:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] CONTROL
Press [SF2] MIDI
Make sure MIDI IN/OUT = FW

We can be more helpful, if you provide computer type, Cubase version, Editor VST version, and whether you launched the Motif XF VST from within Cubase.

Posted : 14/10/2015 8:23 pm
Chopin123
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I just realised whatley happened
I went to application folder on my Mac book pro and opened Yamaha steinberg driver icon and noticed that was no content in it. I resarted the computer and then it was back there and the sound in cubase is back as well. It's not the first time that happened. For some reason from time to time that driver is missing content And I have to restart computer to get it back. I noticed there was an update Yamaha driver from 2015 on your website so I did it. Maybe it was related to this?

Thank you very much

Posted : 15/10/2015 11:31 am
Bad Mister

No, the update had nothing to do with that. If your Mac needs to be restarted from time to time, that is not unusual, and is probably recommended by the manufacturer. You may want to contact them about this, if it is troublesome. But allowing your computer to rescan available ports is always a good thing before starting a music project.

Posted : 15/10/2015 5:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us