Clear all

XF to Ipad Wireless (UD-WL01) setup

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Roy
Topic starter

Phil,

Like Mark Twain, reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated!

I am attempting to link my XF8 to a new IPad pro using a UD-WL01 wireless USB interface. Finding no complete guidelines on how to achieve this goal, I resorted to a Moessieurs YouTube tutorial that taxed my college French of 60+ years ago. All went well until I selected "Receive" midi data on the Voice or Performance XF apps/. This resulted in a "Timeout error."

The WiiFi link setting is to Motif_XF-8b2670. The WiFi MIDI port is MOTIF_XS-254270-port1.

What am I doing incorrectly?

Thanks,

audiology/roy

Posted : 06/09/2021 7:10 pm
 Roy
Topic starter

Phil, I'm sorry to post to the wrong forum but I need your expert counsel:

https://yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/xf-to-ipad-wireless-ud-wl01-setup

thanks,

roy/audiology

Posted : 07/09/2021 5:50 pm
Bad Mister

You may need to call Yamaha Technical Support on this one because I don’t have an iPad Pro and cannot be sure Apple still allows for this type of device to still work — and I have no way of checking. The iPad Pro is almost a decade later than the UD-WL01

I can tell you your Motif XF would have a setting that says “XF” (not XS).
Technical Support will be able to find out if the Motif XF Apps can even run on an iPad Pro… sorry, I can’t help you.

Posted : 07/09/2021 7:11 pm
 Roy
Topic starter

Phil,

Thanks. I got it to work with the IPad Pro ONCE - then failure. I will follow your suggestion and call tech support tomorrow.

roy/audiology

Posted : 08/09/2021 1:03 am
Bad Mister

I don’t doubt that it worked but may no longer. With each new tablet and iOS version things are likely to change (and with all the new security issues, WiFi connectivity may well be affected). The UD-WL01, much like the Motif XF, is discontinued. Our Support folks will either know, or they maybe able to find out quicker than I can.

Posted : 08/09/2021 9:06 pm
 Roy
Topic starter

Phil,

Despite getting through on three occasions to Yamaha tech support level one, no one ever calls back from level tywo.

The XF essential apps have the option to select ":cable-/bluetooth" or "wireless LAN". Is hardwire or bluetooth a possibility? If so, XF MIDI out, USB out or Ethernet out?? Bluuetooth USB dongle???

roy/audiology

Posted : 10/09/2021 4:00 pm
Bad Mister

https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/synth-book-and-an2015-on-motif-xf#reply-9748

“Cable” refers to a USB cable + adapter for your iOS device

Posted : 10/09/2021 4:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us