Clear all

Activate REC, FWD, STOP, PLAY ON LOGIC PRO 10.2.2

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello.
I have a MOXF8.
I play with internal MOXF sounds. It goes out to the mixer through L R from synth, and also use sounds from Logic Pro 10.2.2 that goes out from the computer to the mixer.

For live playing I would like to mix/blend sounds from MOXF and sounds from Logic Pro using the MASTER VOLUME fader + DAW LEVEL fader.

For example:
Main instrument on top: Full Concert Grand Piano from MOXF [controlled by Master Level fader]
Backing pad: Alpha pad from Logic Pro 10 [controlled by DAW Level fader]

Is it possible and any one can help me?

Thank you

Using:
Mac Book Pro 15"
Yamaha MOXF8
Logic Pro 10.2.2

Attached files

Posted : 16/09/2016 7:50 pm
Bad Mister

You'll need the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver for Mac version 1.9.10

http://download.yamaha.com

You will be using the MOXF as your computer's audio interface, and you will route the MOXF internal Parts to its Main L/R using Direct Monitor. All audio coming from the computer will pass through the DAW Level slider, giving you separate sliders for each source.

But recognize that the Main Volume slider is acting as both the output control for the MOXF synth, and as the Master volume overall. You'll have a slider (DAW LEVEL) that contributes just what is coming from the computer.

This means the Main slider includes both the MOXF and what is contributed by the DAW LEVEL.

I assume "Alpha Pad" is some sort of software synth running in Logic. Which I'll also assume you need to trigger using the MOXF as a MIDI controller... The Yamaha Steinberg USB driver will be selectable within the appropriate places in Logic. Under MIDI setup the Montage uses Port 1. And in your Audio setup the Montage appears as an ASIO driver with a USB L and USB R channel (on Port 1).

You will set the Montage's USB L/R as your audio Output, this will return audio to the DAW LEVEL slider, which feeds the main MOXF Output.

Posted : 18/09/2016 10:09 pm

If you're not bent on using MOXF's DAW fader, you could also control Logic's volume (and other controls) using appropriately assigned and learned (in Logic) knobs in MOXF's Master Mode zones. This keeps the two volumes independent from each other in the mixer if you need that.

Posted : 24/09/2016 2:41 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us