Clear all

problem with synth voice loaded

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi:
i have a question
i load my synth voice library to flash board of moxf and i use it but when i turn off keyboard it come back to factory mode and i cannot

use my synth voice and library which loaded in flashboard and i have to format flash board and load library in to the flash again

for example i loaded ENERGY VOICE LIBRARY in to empty flash board after load i have energy library voice and performance ,...in user1 ,2

but when i turn off my moxf i lose my performances in user 1 ,2

wonderful is this my energy voice library still is in flash board but can not use it

so thanks for helping

Posted : 16/09/2016 6:42 pm
Carlo

Hi!
I got a moxf8 this week. It's a second hand one and the guy who sold it to me performed a factory reset before giving it away. He accidentally selected the checkbox in the factory reset page (I think it' on manual's page 20) so the midfield performed a factory reset on every startup. Try to check if thus function has accidentally been activated on yours. Good luck πŸ™‚

Posted : 17/09/2016 6:19 am
Topic starter

so thank but my problem did not solve

explain it more clear:

when i load a voice pack like "ENERGY" it load into flash board so good and i have 32 performances in to USER 1 and i can use it during the keyboard is on

but when turn off keyboard and after few minute turn on again this message come in keyboard screen "factory set"

and i lose all of "ENERGY PACK" performances of USER1 while there are all of voices in to flash board

waiting for help
thank u

Posted : 21/09/2016 7:35 pm
Carlo

Hi. It was clear also before... maybe the automatic text corrector changed something in my post, so it became unclear.
So, what I suggested was to try to press "Utility" and then "Job".
If you see a cross in the little square box near the "Power On Auto" writing, your MOXF will perform a factory reset every time you turn it on. In this case you have to uncheck it.
If you see a black square inside that box your problem lies somewhere else and I have no idea on how to help you, sorry...

Posted : 22/09/2016 9:27 am
Bad Mister

mazyar,
What Carlo explained is exactly your issue. Please see page 150 of the MOXF6/MOXF8 Reference Manual for details

From the Reference Manual
"NOTICE
When setting Auto Factory Set to β€œon” and executing Factory Set, the Factory Set function will automatically be executed each time you turn the power on. When setting the Auto Factory Set parameter to off and pressing the [ENTER] button, the Factory Set will not be executed when turning the power on the next time."

What this means is your Voices, Performances, Songs, Patterns are reset to factory fresh condition... But this DOES. NOT affect the data that installed on your Flash Board. That's right. It affects the internal memory, but not the data that is installed to the Board!

You need to understand the following about loading an ALL data file (.X6A) that has custom Waveforms and Samples:
Only the Waveform and Sample data is installed on the Flash Memory boards, not the User Voice, not the Performances. That data is loaded into the MOXF internal User Banks.

Basically, the MOXF puts the LARGE data to the Flash Board and the small data to internal memory...
The LARGE data = Waveforms and Samples (audio)
The small data = the Voices that use the Waveforms and the samples they organize.

The Voice data loaded will remain in memory until you either overwrite it or you perform a Factory Set... Which as the name implies, will restore the original Factory Set of Voices, Performances, Songs, Patterns...

A Factory Set DOES NOT, however, overwrite the Waveforms and Samples. They are installed on your Flash Board. Data on the Flash Board cannot be overwritten. You can DELETE it, or you can FORMAT the Flash Board. Those are the only methods of removing installed Waveforms and Samples from your Flash Board.

Okay, let's talk about the implications of the above information. The USER VOICES and PERFORMANCES are relatively small amounts of information. You can load 384 Voices and 256 Perfirmances in just a few seconds.

It is the custom audio data (the audio Samples, and the Waveforms that organize them) that is the large data blocks.

The Voices/Performances use only a couple of kilobytes of data.
Meanwhile the custom audio data can be huge in comparison, measured in Megabytes, typically.

This is the reason for the Flash Boards. The Flash Boards can retain the large data, in semi permanent memory for as long as you wish it to be there. When you look at the Waveforms that come preset in the MOXF... there are 3,977 of them. They use 741MB of data. This is consider its Wave ROM. (read only memory)

The Flash Board allows you to extend the the available Wave ROM, by allowing you to install an additional 2,048 Waveforms of your own choosing. Once installed on the Flash Board, you can build Voices that reference the data. The concept is instead of having to wait 10-20 minutes every time you wish Load a Library that contains custom Waveforms, you can simply load the User Voice data (which loads literally in just seconds).

Each MOXF VOICE "point to" a specific Waveform.
Waveforms is a set of parameters that organize the audio Samples into a playable entity.

Here's what that means: in order to sample a piano like the Yamaha S700, there are 3 Waveforms.
Waveform 1 of this piano contains 90 Samples to create the soft strike across the keyboard range
Waveform 2 contains 90 Samples to create the medium strike across the keyboard range
Waveform 3 contains 90 Samples to create the hard strike piano across the keyboard range

When these three Waveforms are referenced by a Voice, you can expressively play the S700 piano with soft-medium-hard strike velocity switches. The more velocity you play with, determines which set of Samples are used. Because the piano is a percussion instrument, the harder you strike it the richer the sound becomes in harmonic. That's why there are three sets of Samples mapped across the keyboard.
3 Waveforms are organizing the 270 audio samples that make up this sound.

The Voice data is about 2KB of data (2,000)
The Audio data is about 30MB of data (30,000,000)

The Voice data can be reloaded when necessary in less that 2 seconds
The Audio data (Waveforms and the Samples they organize) could take 8-10 minutes to load.

You can see why, Flash can be a big time saver for musicians.

The Chick Corea Mark V electric piano... The Voice data is about 2KB of data, but the audio data is a whooping 400MB of data.
So if choose to install the Chick Corea data to Flash... Anytime you wanted to play it you could load the voice data in two second, instead of having to wait 20 minutes every time you wanted to restore it to memory.

You can see where a VOICE "points to" a Waveform as follows:
Call up any VOICE
Press [EDIT]
Press

to view Element 1 parameters
Press [F1] OSC (Oscillator)
Press [SF1] WAVE

Here each Element is going to reference either a "preset" or "user" Waveform.
There are 3,977 possible preset Wave
There are2,048 possible user Wave

Posted : 22/09/2016 1:22 pm
Topic starter

so thanks bad mister and carlo for ur time gave me

Posted : 22/09/2016 4:58 pm
Bad Mister

Did you get it to work? Let us know.

Posted : 22/09/2016 5:01 pm
Topic starter

thank you i get your words correctly and my problem was solved

so thanks

Posted : 22/09/2016 7:30 pm
Carlo

You're welcome!
Glad to hear it worked.

Posted : 23/09/2016 4:59 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us