Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

A/D input insert effects across all performances and A/D input system chorus and reverb

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi

Is there a way to set default insert effects for the A/D input across all performances or do I have to edit each performance individually? Also, is it possible to set default system chorus and reverb send levels for the A/D input across all performances? I route a second synth through the A/D input as a matter of course and it's a bit annoying to have to manually setup the MOXF A/D input effects for each and every performance, which is what I'm doing at the moment.

Thanks.

David.

Posted : 30/08/2017 9:54 pm
Bad Mister

No. Funny, it seems you are asking for less flexibility (because you are in a hurry?) If programming is really "a bit annoying" are you sure you wanted a synthesizer? Seriously, being able to customize the A/D Input for each use is a huge advantage for most of MOXF customers. And since you have to program the other Parts in each Performance, the AD Input should have the same advantage.

From a previous post on the same subject.....

The good news it's programmable, the bad news is you have to program it. 🙂

The A/D Input is, like the synthesizer Parts, programmable in each Performance. This is far, far more useful as you can setup different setting (effects, routings, volumes, etc) on a per Performance basis. Assign a Vocoder in one Performance, assign a tempo driven clean delay in another.

If you just want one setting throughout, for your vocals or other external input, could easily be accomplished by not routing the microphone/external signal through the MOXF, at all. Plug it separately into your sound system.

It is assumed when you plug an A/D input into the MOXF, that you actually want to use its dedicated, programmable channel. This Audio In channel has access to two Insert Effects, Sends to both the System Reverb and Chorus Effects, and is routed through the Master Effects. Or it can be routed post the Inserts but 'pre' the System/Master to its own discreet assignable output. But all of this programming is on a per Performance basis.

Since the current A/D Input shares the program with four Parts (Synth Parts) you can choose to play these sounds with the current A/D settings. If you just want an A/D Input to remain the same throughout your playing on stage opt out on playing it through the MOXF.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 31/08/2017 4:18 am
Topic starter

Thanks, that's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything obvious. I do want individual programmability "like most other MOXF customers" and I like programming but not the same thing multiple times - it'd be nice to be able to apply a template other than off/nothing as just something to get started with. But it's not there so a few more button presses.

David.

Posted : 31/08/2017 5:49 am
Bad Mister

What you can do:

Create an Init Performance of your own. Setup the A/D Input as you want it to be in all your User Performances.
Name and [STORE] it to the last location (for example).
Whenever you are ready to construct your own Performance recall your version of the Init Performance w/AD Input setup, and start from there. When you're ready to STORE your new Performance, simply direct it to a different location.

Alternate Method:
Use a computer utility that can capture System Exclusive bulk dumps.
Once you've setup the Init Performance with your A/D Input preference, instead of storing it onboard your MOXF, you can bulk dump it and store it externally.
From the main Performance screen:
Press [JOB]
Press [F4] BULK
"Bulk Dump Current Performance" will appear in the screen
[ENTER]
[ENTER]

If you, normally, work with a computer this solution makes the most sense. If you don't it might seem like a lot just to bulk a template with A/D settings.

Hope that helps.

Posted : 31/08/2017 11:03 am
Topic starter

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually what I really want to do is to apply the same A/D settings to a bunch of the factory performances (about 30 of them are "keepers") so creating my own INIT performance isn't a go-er for that.

It's fine, I'm just being lazy and as you say the effects all need tuning for each performance anyway so what I'm asking for doesn't save that much effort.

David.

Posted : 31/08/2017 9:30 pm
Topic starter

Actually after reading the reference manual (I know, I should have done this earlier) I think I can do what I was asking for with the performance job F3 Copy, SF1 Part and selecting a performance with the A/D settings I want to copy, and setting data type of the source to A/D and data type of the destination to A/D - just tried it and it seemed to work.

It's not particularly fewer button presses than just setting it up individually, though, so not a huge saving of effort!

Posted : 15/09/2017 8:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us