Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Stuck in UPDATE mode???

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Everytime I try to turn on my MOXF8 it goes to the "Update MOXF 6/8"screen. I have not spilled anything on it or dropped. it just started happening all of a sudden. I purchased in Europe when I was stationed there and it has been a great board until now. I am at a lost....also when it does come on after a thousand power button pushes. When I layer and try to change the parameters for the upper knobs nothing responds on the left side of my keyboard. All knobs register except the top 2nd one but i cannot not edit the volume of each individual layer like I could a couple of months ago. I tried a factory reset and that was not help. Still stuck on the page. This is not cool and I have not had it long enough to already be having issues like this. Any help would be appreciated everyone. Thanks in advance for your help.

Posted : 04/09/2017 1:56 am
Bad Mister

I purchased in Europe when I was stationed there and it has been a great board until now

Where are you now? I ask because of the voltage differences.

Remove any USB drive from the MOXF.
What error message is in the screen, specifically?

Posted : 04/09/2017 2:48 am
Topic starter

I am in the states now. The voltage was 220V there with an output of 12V at 1.5 amp power supply. When I got to the states I got the stateside 120V adapter the PA-150 with the same output as 12V 1.5 per the manual. The message it gives me when powering on just touching the power button is "Update MOXF 6/8". It is like the board thinks that I am holding down the "A/D Input" button so I pressed it a couple of times with it off and still nothing. Then it just worked and came on. When I went to my layered sounds and tried to change the parameters for the knobs the buttons to the left of the knobs do not respond. And the 2nd knob on top row does not work

Posted : 05/09/2017 12:18 am
Bad Mister

Are you saying now it boots up properly, but that the 2nd Knob (?) doesn't work. What parameter (specifically) on Knob 2 doesn't work.
All of them, some of them, some of them some time?

Be specific... the little bit about getting the proper power supply was not mentioned in your first post and IS the critical piece of information to provide concerning powering on the instrument. PA150 is correct. There are times, I'm sure, on specific Voices or programs where certain knobs appear not to work... hopefully, you are not connected to a computer at this time (that would be important to mention, as well).

A specific example would be helpful.
What is the Knob set to change when it doesn't work?
What program (specifically) is it not working on?
Is this true on a second program as well?
When you say not working, does that mean the sound is not changing, the value in the screen don't change, both?

Let us know.

Posted : 05/09/2017 6:01 am
Topic starter

Did not think it was critical because I knew I already had the correct power supply. I have been back in the states for about a year and this issue just started. Ok. The keyboard takes about 50 power button presses to turn on. When it does not turn on it goes to the update moxf 6/8 screen. When it finally does boot up the 2nd knob on the top row will not work. Nothing for it will work. It does not change any functions. The 2 buttons to the left of knobs will not work. Nothing for them will work when pressed. The A/D Input button and the button below it will not work. No functions work on them. The issue is most likely with these buttons not working properly. There is a feature on the MOXF8 that when you power on with the A/D Input button pressed down simultaneously it takes you to the "Update MOXF 6/8 screen. I am trying to figure out has anyone experienced this before. I am not connected to a computer. I am not midi or anything like that. I have tried a factory reset and that did not help. No buttons are damaged or stuck they sound fine when you press them. They have the normal press and release click. I have had the board about 2 years total. It has been kept in my home studio which is climate controlled. I use it every Sunday for services and pack it in my 88-key flight case for protection. It has not been dropped. No fluids have been spilled on it. To date only 3 people have played it including myself with me being present for all. Any other needed information just let me know I am trying to find a secondary board to use in the mean time. I will make a video of the issue and post when I get home tonight. I have searched the internet, forums and it seems no one has had this issue before.

Posted : 05/09/2017 2:31 pm
Bad Mister

No video is necessary. You should contact your nearest authorized service center. "50 times" to turn it On? any more than one should be enough for you to know your instrument has a serious problem. This is not typical and no more time needs to be wasted trying to think about some magical Reset that will fix it. Your instrument is broken... period. No doubt about it.

Do you need help finding a service location? We will provide a link below.

https://www.yamaha.com/paragon/servicerlocator/

We recommend you power it down, remove any FLASH BOARDS and take the instrument to get it fixed. If you want to talk with someone at Yamaha: (if you're in or near So. Cal, call...)
You can call Customer Support 714.522.9000 Pacific Daylight Time 8:30-5:00

Posted : 05/09/2017 8:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us