Notifications
Clear all

A/D work with MOXF alone

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I am using MOXF8 and Cubase. I often need to utilize the A/D input especially for my guitar, and until now I used Cubase for recording. However, now I have little free time, sometimes I need to turn on my speaker and MOXF, not my PC. Is it possible to record my guitar as a A/D input in Song or Pattern mode with MOXF alone? I tried multiple times but there is no sound even though I went through all the set up such as LRMono, MIC things, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Posted : 29/11/2015 3:09 am
Bad Mister

Is it possible to record my guitar as a A/D input in Song or Pattern mode with MOXF alone?

No, to record audio via the MOXF you need a computer to actually record the audio data. It is the MOXF's bigger brother, the Motif XF that has internal SDRAM to which you can record without a computer.

The AD Input of the MOXF routes incoming audio to USB 1/2 which can be recorded in Cubase. You can hear your guitar but the MOXF only records MIDI data to its internal sequencer.

Posted : 29/11/2015 3:41 am
Topic starter

Thanks a lot for your clear explanations!

Posted : 29/11/2015 5:08 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us