Notifications
Clear all

bass hammer-on

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi,

I got my moxf6 one week ago. I am looking for a way to emulate a hammer-on sound for one of my favorite bass voices "pick mute". I understand that I could use the XA-control parameter to trigger a different element when playing legato but I cannot find an element without attack like the "clean hammer-on" element for the blues guitar voice. Any thoughts? Oh, the same applies for a key-slide of course (not the bass FX one).

Cheers.

Posted : 13/09/2017 4:12 pm
Bad Mister

You seem to know HOW it is done (XA-Control)... So the issue is... you just need to experiment and find Waveforms that work for what YOU want... It would be impossible (or virtually impossible) to program what YOU want from this distance. It is all about how you want it sound/play.

I have never attempted to create a hammer-on for the Pick Mute bass sound... but you should try to think outside of the box... the ear is easily fooled when one sound is attached to another... rather than trying just guitar or bass strings in motion, try any plucked string sound... don't let the name of the instrument of the WAVEFORM limit your experimentation.

Its a synth... synthesize!

Posted : 13/09/2017 4:46 pm
Topic starter

Aaaaah, such a great answer! It is good to be led away from the shortcut-path back to the DIY route as that is where the true learning is taking place. I forgot - it happens so easily these days... thank you!

Posted : 13/09/2017 6:21 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us