Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Cambio de song midi

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hola, me gustaría saber como hacer para que mi secuenciador Studio One cambie de preset de song en mi moxf 8 con mensaje Midi un saludo

Posted : 23/03/2016 6:58 am
Bad Mister

Translation: Hello, I would like to know how to make my sequencer Studio One change preset song in my moxf 8 Midi a greeting message.

Hi Rodrigo,
You should contact PreSonus, makers of the Studio One software. Ask them how to send "SONG SELECT" command from the software. If the MOXF is in SONG/PATTERN SEQUENCER mode it will receive a SONG SELECT command to automatically select the Song Mixing location.

Posted : 23/03/2016 2:30 pm
Topic starter

Quisiera saber la lista de bancos de song del moxf

Posted : 23/03/2016 6:56 pm
Topic starter

Antes tenia un Yamaha s90xs y me funcionaba perfecto pero moxf no

Posted : 23/03/2016 7:18 pm
Bad Mister

Rodrigo wrote:

Quisiera saber la lista de bancos de song del moxf

Translate: Let me know the song bank list of moxf.

Song 01 = 1
Song 02 = 2
Song 03 = 3
Song 64 = 64

Antes tenia un Yamaha s90xs y me funcionaba perfecto pero moxf no

Translate: Before S90XS had a Yamaha and I worked perfect but not moxf

The S90 XS does not respond to SONG SELECT, because it does not have a formal sequencer, so what you were probably doing was recalling the MULTI. A MULTI is simply a program containing Voices assigned to Parts 1-16. It is not a "Song". The S90 XS MULTIS can be recalled using Bank Select and Program Change.

The MOXF combines a sequencer and a Multi (called MIXING) into one entity called a SONG, which is recallable via SONG SELECT (a special MIDI command). MOXF setups are more complicated and cannot be recalled with a simple Bank Select and Program a Change.

Posted : 23/03/2016 8:53 pm
Topic starter

Perdona si no me explico bien, mi pregunta es, ¿que msb y lsb utiliza Yamaha moxf para que cambie de song = song select para poder hacer mi formula y poderla introducirla en mi secuenciador da igual que sea studio one, cubase, o sonar.
Estoy desesperado y arte de buscar información en Internet y no encuentro la solución, por favor dame una solución que estoy parado y no puedo seguir con mis proyectos un saludo

Posted : 24/03/2016 10:33 am
Bad Mister

Translation: Forgive me if I do not understand well , my question is , what msb and lsb uses Yamaha moxf to change his song = song select to make my formula and it can be introduce in my sequencer does not matter whether studio one , cubase or sonar.
I'm desperate and art research online and can not find the solution , please give me a solution I stand and I can not continue my project a greeting

It cannot be changed with simple MSB/LSB commands.

I gave you the information you need. You will need to send what is called "SONG SELECT" (F3H) "H" Means it is a hexadecimal number.
You need to contact PreSonus, and ask them how, or if, you can send SONG SELECT commands from your Studio One software.
The S90 XS is NOT like the MOXF.
F3 00 = SONG 01

If you cannot use the SONG SELECT, then simply manually recall the Song by number from the front panel buttons. Always possible.
-------------------------

The only other way is to associate each MOXF SONG with a MASTER mode program. Using two PARAMETER CHANGE messages (System Exclusive)
Press [MASTER]
Recall 001
Press [F2] MEMORY
Set this to recall MODE = SONG; MEMORY = SONG 01
Press [F6] GET NAME
Press STORE.

Repeat for each Song, increasing the Master location and the Song location
Recall 002
Press [F2] MEMORY
Set this to recall MODE = SONG; MEMORY = SONG 02
Press [F6] GET NAME
Press [STORE]

The System Exclusive message to recall MASTER 01 is as follows:

F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 01 04 F7 _ this message will change the MOXF to Master Mode

F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 00 dd F7 _ where "dd" is the Master number 1-128, (00-7F)

So inputting the following two messages will switch the MOXF to Master mode and select MASTER 001 (Song01)
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 01 04 F7
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 00 00 F7

So inputting the following two messages will switch the MOXF to Master mode and select MASTER 002 (Song02)
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 01 04 F7
F0 43 10 7F 1C 00 0A 00 00 01 F7

If you cannot use the SYSTEM EXCLUSIVE, then simply manually recall the Song by number from the front panel buttons. Always possible.

Posted : 24/03/2016 11:43 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us