Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

can we load MOXF performances onto MOX via editor or something?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi,

I have a MOX6, and recently i tried out MOXF6...
i found some new performance on the latter which i wish i had on my MOX. Has somebody ever tried getting MOXF performances onto MOX6?
If yes then please share your experience and knowledge on how can i do the same.

Cheers,
Sandeep

Posted : 27/11/2014 1:19 am
Bad Mister

Welcome to the Forums!

There is no direct FILE compatibility between the MOXF going backward to the MOX.
Also there are major differences in the availability of some of the WAVEFORMS, VOICES and ARPEGGIOS. The MOXF has an additional 1,307 new WAVEFORMS, some 128 Additional Normal Preset VOICES and 8 additional Preset Drum Kits not found in the MOX and very importantly for the PERFORMANCES there are an additional 1,261 new ARPEGGIO TYPES.

So even if you get a program that would allow you to recreate the PERFORMANCES - you can bet that most of the New ARPEGGIOS, New VOICES, and New PERFORMANCES are made with this NEW data which is not going to be transferable to the MOX.

I hate to be discouraging but that is the reality. The differences between the MOX and MOXF are significant beyond the FLASH BOARD expansion, increase in simultaneous INSERTION EFFECTS and double the polyphony. However, if you did find the Waveforms, the Voices and the Arpeggios in both instruments you can certainly put together a MOXF Performance with a MOX, but there is no official help from the operating system in the MOX, in other words, it is complete incapable of loading the MOXF ALL data (.X6A), or the MOXF's ARPEGGIO (.X6G) File TYPES.

That said, the John Melas Complete Tools (Total Librarian) for the MOX (version 2.3.1) will allow you to open and look at MOXF Files - this does not guarantee that you will be able to successfully import all VOICES and PERFORMANCE (based on the differences I described above). If the Waveform, Voice and/or Arpeggio data is not found already in the MOX, you will not be able to successfully duplicate the PERFORMANCE as you heard it in the MOXF.

Those are the facts.

Posted : 27/11/2014 9:31 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us