Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

MOXF A/D Input for Live Mixing

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi. I'm currently using my MOXF6 and a 2nd keyboard for live gigs in smaller venues (50-100) people. We typically have vocals only through the PA and all instruments go through their own amps. I currently send both keyboards into a stereo mixer and then from the mixer to two QSC K12 powered speakers.

I see the audio input feature on the MOXF, which could allow me to eliminate the mixer and simplify setup. I'm wondering if there is any degradation in sound quality by putting the 2nd keyboard into the MOXF? Also, does the MOXF just reroute the audio input to the output in analog ? Or does it convert the input to digital, then mix with the moxf audio in the digital world, and then D/A the mix together to provide the analog stereo output?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Posted : 19/11/2014 4:15 pm
Bad Mister

The input on the MOXF is an A/D Input, features include its own Part, access to both its own Dual Insertion Effect and Sends to both System Effects (Reverb and Chorus). It also includes (although not applicable for your inquiry) its own discreet stereo audio output via USB.

The A/D signal is mixed, processed (if you like) and then (D/A) routed to the main stereo out. Degradation is zero, in fact, if you wish you can enhance the signal with the cutting-edge VCM effects and the digital mixer built-in to your MOXF.

Posted : 20/11/2014 4:45 am
Topic starter

Thanks. I will definitely try it out!

Posted : 20/11/2014 11:17 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us