Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Changing between arps in a hands-free way

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi I was just wondering if there is any way you can assign a foot switch or anything to toggle / scroll between arps while in performance mode? I would like to be creative with drums while playing but dont know how I can shoot my hand up from playing the piano to select a different arp button while playing. I've been into utility mode but the only thing I can see is to turn arps on/off using assignable footswitch. I'd love to be able to throw in one of those more unusual arps before going into chorus etc.
Thanks Andrew

Posted : 19/11/2014 1:21 am
Bad Mister

Hi I was just wondering if there is any way you can assign a foot switch or anything to toggle / scroll between arps while in performance mode?

No. You switch Arps by touching the associated SubFunction button [SF1]-[SF6]

You may want to practice this - it is a skill very much to be respected. Much like Arranger Workstations, where you control "Styles" in a similar fashion, your left hand can be used to make changes to the current Arp. This can be documented to the sequencer in the MOXF. You might want to record your best effort to the sequencer, keeping just the drums. This way you have a basic outline of the song from the drummer's viewpoint and you can play along with the already recorded drums.

Posted : 19/11/2014 11:25 am
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister.

Having previously arranged my performances for both hands, I prefer not to lose this skill and hence both hands are pretty busy (I sing as well, so theres a fair bit going on in my noggin).

I guess I'll just have get good at SF buttons - I prefer not to have the song locked in at this stage because I could easily lose my place I think. I also like the idea of being able to mess around with the song as I go, and even jam with it with others perhaps.

Do you think it is a feature that Yamaha might consider including in an update or something?

Thanks Andrew:)

Posted : 19/11/2014 3:11 pm
Bad Mister

Do you think it is a feature that Yamaha might consider including in an update or something?

No, not really.

But never say never.

Posted : 20/11/2014 4:28 am

I thought you could assign any of the buttons or arps to trigger in various ways including a footswitch. is that not correct?

Posted : 29/02/2016 3:57 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us