CHange meter in Song mode

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Luigi Maria
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hello,
is it possible to change meter in the middle of a song using only the internal sequencer (without Cubase).
let's say that at bar 13 I want to change from 4/4 to 7/8 for a progressive rock piece. Can I do it just with the internal sequencer or is it impssible and theonly thing to do is to move the song as midi file to Cubase and operate from there?
Thanks.

P.S.
I'm sorry to open new topics every time, but searching "Change meter" I didn't find anything. Furhtermore, in this forum, when I try to search only in the category "MOXF" it gives me the results for all the categories and this discorauge me from searching deeper!

Posted : 17/08/2016 8:53 am
Bad Mister

Here's what I found searching "Tempo Map"....

When working with multiple time signatures, I find it useful to construct the composition using the Song mode, rather than Pattern mode. My reason is simple, I can "teach" the Song sequencer my "chart" prior to recording. Song mode is linear in nature so when I have a composition that has multiple time signatures and/or tempo changes, Song mode is the better tool. You can create a Time Signature and/or Tempo map prior to playing into it.

The CREATE MEASURE Job (found in SONG mode) allows you to create as many measures as you need of the supported time signatures prior to entering Record. MIDI convention fixes the default time signature to 4/4; Every measure in the Midi Song entity is individually programmable, but each defaults initially to 4/4... so basically you create the number of measures you need of your alternate time signature at the appropriate Measures in the linear layout. The Sequencer's click (metronome) will then faithfully adjust its count to reflect your time signature map.

Posted : 17/08/2016 11:05 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us