Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Problem with loading WAV file from USB onto MOXF8

9 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Can someone please help me? I recently purchased a MOXF8 and am going through the learning curve. I have a wav file on a USB that I want to load onto the keyboard. It is the sound effects of the beginning of a song that the band is playing.
This is how far I have gotten: 1. I put the USB that has the wav file in the proper place on the machine.
2. I press the file button and then choose wav file and push load button but it will not load

This is what the screen looks like. ( the download)

I have searched forums and from what i have read. Do i have to buy some kind of memory or what or am I not doing something right. Anyone PLEASE advise and Thank You! Valerie.

Attached files

Posted : 22/08/2016 2:54 am
Bad Mister

After you select "LOAD", you should press [SF1] EXEC (execute)
You will be shown a location which is the Waveform number (0001~2048) and the Key (C3) which will represent the original pitch

Press [SF1] EXEC to execute.

If you do not have an FL512M or FL1024M Flash expansion board installed you will receive an error message telling you no Flash Memory Board is present. If you have a formatted FL board installed, the sample will load to the User Waveform list, ready to be used in a User Voice.

Posted : 22/08/2016 11:03 am
Topic starter

Hey Bad Mister,
thank you for your response. I ordered the flash expansion board and I will have it Wednesday. I am assuming I cannot record anything until I have that installed. Am I correct on this?

Posted : 28/08/2016 7:09 pm
Bad Mister

The Flash board will let you load samples into the MOXF. The MOXF cannot record audio directly to a MOXF, to be clear. The Flash Board allows you to LOAD samples and waveforms... The samples must be created elsewhere.

If you are looking to record your own samples in the keyboard, that would be the Motif XF - it has a built in Sampler. Understanding the definitions of these terms is very important... With the MOXF, you can load samples and waveforms made for the Motif XF. You can use a program like the John Melas Motif Waveform Editor to create data for your MOXF.

Posted : 29/08/2016 10:20 am
Topic starter

Okay, Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I was able to download the wav file after installing the memory. Now I cannot figure out how to play it. I've been trying to find the answer online and messing around with the Mox the last 2 hrs..lol. Could you tell me how to do that?
Is there another manual that one can purchase to better explain things or even someone (like you?) that I could pay to go over some things like this? I need to know how to play part of a recorded song simultaneously while manually playing the keyboard as well. I have the part already made as a song but I cannot play the keyboard simultaneously..a message that says "please stop the sequencer" come up.

Posted : 02/09/2016 5:16 am
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hi Valerie:

I am on the road and traveling, not in front of the MOXF, but I have something that can help you at the url below from our esteemed colleagues in Europe, Easysounds. It's a nice guide that really covers the whole process of using the Flash board with MOXF. Page 12 should be most enlightening.

Let me know if this helps!

Posted : 08/09/2016 10:54 pm

hi:
i have a question
i load my synth voice library to flash board of moxf and i use it but when i turn off keyboard it come back to factory mode and i cannot

use my synth voice and library which loaded in flashboard and i have to format flash board and load library in to the flash again

how can solve this problem

thank you

Posted : 15/09/2016 7:09 am

for example i loaded ENERGY VOICE LIBRARY in to empty flash board after load i have energy library voice and performance ,...in user1 ,2

but when i turn off my moxf i lose my performances in user 1 ,2

wonderful is this my energy voice library still is in flash board but can not use it

so thanks for helping

Posted : 15/09/2016 5:49 pm

The roland FA-06, 07 or 08 can keep the sequencer running while you're playing other sounds. But the roland fa08 doesn't have the high quality sounds of the MOXF. The roland has a much better sequencer and has the ability to load sounds and samples from the sd card or USB. But it's all about preference.

Posted : 20/05/2019 9:33 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us