Notifications
Clear all

Chord intelligence algorithm in the MOXF arps

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi

Is there a simple document or flowchart available anywhere that describes the algorithm that the MOXF uses to detect the chord from the depressed keys, that is then used to drive "chord aware" arps? It's obvious to work out what it's doing from triads and their inversions, and sevenths and their inversions (mostly) but once you get to ninths and above it gets really complicated. It's obviously quite intelligent and it'd be nice to know how it works so I know what notes I can safely leave out and still get the arp to recognise the intended chord. E.g., for a 9th chord it seems OK with only the 3rd, minor 7th and ninth, but for 11th and 13th I'm not sure and with inversions I'm getting really lost. Obviously many of these are ambiguous and can be interpreted in many ways depending on the prevailing sense of key. Is it clever enough to "know" what the prevailing harmony is and thus get the chord "right" in context?

I just tried looking at some of the patents but even the ones that aren't in Japanese aren't easily decipherable.

Understand if it's commercially sensitive, just wondered.

Thanks.

Posted : 15/09/2017 8:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us