Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Clicking keys on new MOXF8

7 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Keys clicking located below LCD display (C4 to C5) on MOXF8.

Posted : 25/01/2017 6:24 pm
Bad Mister

You should contact Customer Support by phone, you may need to take it to an authorized Service Center, or they maybe able to instruct on what other options there are. There should be no clicking sound, it may just a simple adjustment.

Posted : 26/01/2017 5:41 am
Topic starter

Yes, thanks Bad Mister. I did all that. I was told by service tech. that he replaced the keyboard assembly and did adjustments to loose screws & control buttons. All was well for about a week then clicking re-appeared. I believe you're right about a simple mechanical adjustment - maybe a close tolerance problem with the LCD assy.- which wasn't replaced. Pressing hard on the outer case just below LCD screen temporarily eliminates clicking. I'm reluctant to have them look at my keyboard again - took almost two months to get my MOXF8 back! I'd really like to see physical arrangement diagrams or photos of the inside of this model to see for myself what could cause this since I can't find anyone experiencing this on a "new" MOXF8. Best regards, Rich

Posted : 26/01/2017 3:37 pm
Bad Mister

I'm reluctant to have them look at my keyboard again - took almost two months to get my MOXF8 back!

I would be too, two months! Yikes! Where are you located?

Posted : 26/01/2017 9:23 pm
Topic starter

Went back to dealer in Delaware where I bought instrument. Their service people are north of Philadelphia, PA. Upon arriving at dealer for service, I was told their service people would have instrument for 4 weeks. There was a breakdown in communication between dealer and service(actually no communication) so instrument
sat at shop for a month not being looked at until I inquired about progress. Work then. finally began after parts were then ordered from Yamaha adding a few more weeks to the whole process. My experience in trying to find what I thought would be good service has not been good. The list of dealers that Yamaha provides for my location is scary & not accurate(my opinion). At this point, since I have another year on my service contract, I may wait a bit longer before beginning "interviewing" other service providers to fix this problem - just in case some other problems with this instrument arise - but I'm very curious to know what's going on in there around that LCD display. Regards, Rich

Posted : 27/01/2017 5:47 am
Bad Mister

Again, You should contact Customer Support by phone, 714.522.9000
Report your situation.

Posted : 28/01/2017 1:50 am
Topic starter

Got it. Thanks for listening!

Posted : 28/01/2017 10:31 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us