Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Creating an Octave Piano Voice

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey,need abit of help.I want to create a Octave Piano voice on my MOXF8 by laying 2 Grand Piano Voices.Problem i have is,how do you edit 1voice part of 2 to change the octave level.I know you can do it on an MOXF8 but how?
So eg.part 1 is an octave higher than part 2 of the layering process mm?

Posted : 29/10/2016 3:19 pm
 Mike

to change the octave of any voice part:

1. press EDIT
2. press TRACK (light comes on)
3. press the PART button you want to change octave
4. press F4 for TONE
5. edit the NoteShift to +12

exit

Posted : 29/10/2016 4:20 pm
Topic starter

Thankyou for your help,i hope i can do what you've said

Posted : 29/10/2016 5:22 pm
Topic starter

I'm also having trouble knowing where a spare user bank for these sounds and others is located,and how to relocate to use at a later date.
Moxf8 is a fab Synth but some funtions i cant get into,(lack of knowledge i expect) thinking of expanding sounds

Posted : 29/10/2016 5:27 pm
Bad Mister

Out of the box the MOXF8 comes with 9 BANKS of Normal PRESET VOICES, 128 Voices in each
Plus 1 Drum Kit Bank of PRESET DRUM KITs.

All of the USER BANK locations are for you to store your own sounds - You are the "USER", PRESETS are from the Factory. Out of the box all USER locations contain "placeholder" Voices... that is, VOICES that appear in the PRESETS, so feel free to overwrite any of them and then back them up to a USB Stick.

you can have 384 (3 Banks of 128) Normal USER Voices) and 32 (1 bank of 32) USER Drum Kits.

Most people are afraid to overwrite the USER locations because they are afraid they will lose something. YOU WILL NOT>

The first User Voice is "Everlasting Glory" right?
Find the same VOICE in PRESET 7: 101(G05).... You can overwrite the duplicate that is USER 1: 001(A01)
Trust me all 384 and 32 Drum Kits are duplicates found elsewhere!!!

Posted : 31/10/2016 8:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us