Notifications
Clear all

Drum programs - how to trigger?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a few questions about on-board drum patterns/programs on the MOXF8. I'm not asking about how to create new drum patterns.

I think I read in another post that there are around 2,300 drum arpeggiator patterns built into the keyboard.

I would really like to be able to jam along with certain voices/programs while just grooving on my MOXF8. Is there a way to trigger drum patterns while in any particular voice or program? If so, are the patterns sort of matched to the particular voice, say a rock beat vs. a jazz beat? How hard is it to change the drum patterns?

Thanks.

Posted : 28/01/2021 12:31 pm
Bad Mister

There are several ways to do so, the quickest and easiest would be the two steps, as follows:

First, select the Voice you would like to play, say it’s a Piano
Next, press the [DRUM ASSIGN] button located in the “Performance Creator” area just to the right of the screen.
You will immediately be placed in Performance Mode, the Piano Voice will be in Part 1 and you will be placed in Category Search to Select a Drum Kit.
Each Drum Kit has appropriate Arpeggio... that is, if you select a Rock Kit, for example, a Rock drum phrase will automatically default. Select a Hip Hop Kit, a Hip Hop Drum phrase is default, and so on.

You can change the Arp Phrase to any of over 2300 Drum Arps in memory.

This short tutorial takes you through one way to build up from a Voice and ultimately select a Drum Kit Assignment with Arpeggios. It’s a short tutorial and provides you with the basic skills to start selecting Drum Kits and trying out different drum Arp Phrases (grooves)

Link — MOXF Getting Started

Posted : 28/01/2021 6:39 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help!

Posted : 28/01/2021 7:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us