Notifications
Clear all

editing voices common button won't go off

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Tim
Topic starter

When I select "edit" to try and edit a voice, the common button always comes on and I can't get it to shut off. The common pop up window is in the screen and I can't edit individual elements in or get the element window. Please help. Tim

Posted : 29/01/2015 7:19 pm
Bad Mister

No problem. The MOXF will return to the EDIT layer you last selected on the previous visit to edit mode. The operating system of the MOXF is wide, not deep. There are but two layers of editing in each of the main Modes. An overall layer called "Common" and an individual layer, called either "Element", "Part", or "Zone" depending on the mode you are in.

"Common" parameters are those shared by all the individual components... Like the Name, or overall volume, overall EQ, etc.. The other layer is always the individual and address the smaller item that makes up the whole. You must be in EDIT to select Common or to access the individual layer via a numbered button 1-8 (Voice), 1-4 (Perform), 1-16 (Song/Pattern Mixing), or 1-4 (Master) depending on the mode.

In VOICE mode:
There are COMMON and ELEMENT layers.
Press [EDIT]
To select COMMON press the button labeled [COMMON]
To select an ELEMENT press buttons [1]-[8] to select Elements 1-8. The lighted button directly below the 1-8 are used to indicate active or not for Elements 1-8
The very top line of the screen will always indicate if you are in Common Edit or Element Edit (the Element number will appear and its button will light).

In PERFORMANCE mode:
Press [EDIT]
There are COMMON and PART layers
To select a PART press buttons [1]-[4] to select Parts 1-4.
The very top line of the screen will always indicate if you are in Common Edit or Part Edit (the Part number will appear and its button will light).

In SONG/PATTERN MIXING mode:
Press [EDIT]
There are COMMON and PART layers
To select a PART press buttons [1]-[16] to select Parts 1-16.
The very top line of the screen will always indicate if you are in Common Edit or Part Edit (the Part number will appear and its button will light).

In MASTER mode:
press [EDIT]
There are COMMON and ZONE layers (when the Zone Switch is set ON)
To select an individual Zone press a numbered button [1]-[4]
The very top line of the screen will always indicate if you are in Common Edit or Zone Edit (the Zone number will appear and its button will light).

Posted : 29/01/2015 10:35 pm
 Tim
Topic starter

When I started the session to learn to edit "elements", I remember the MOXF having screens between element and common and I went back and forth. Now when I hit edit, the "Common" light is on right away and the common pop up is on the screen. I I touch one of the 8 buttons to edit an element, the common light does not go off, nor does the common pop up leave the screen in favor of an edit screen for the elements. The menu in the pop up still looks like it is the common screen. At the top of the screen it still says common and never says E1 as the manual shows even though the individual buttons sound like they are bringing up the individual elements. The keyboard isn't working like you described or as the manual described. I can hit "exit" and leave "edit" mode and start over and the common screen is up and the common button is lit up and I still can't get it to go to element edit. I can turn the keyboard off and back on and when I hit edit it still goes to common on the screen and still if I push an individual button it remains in common mode.

Have I hit another button by mistake that locked it into Common mode or is something wrong with my keyboard?

Thanks for your assistance, it is greatly appreciated.

Tim

Posted : 30/01/2015 3:24 pm
Bad Mister

Disconnect the instrument from any type off MIDI influence.

Save your current data to an ALL data file - this will backup any work you have currently in your MOXF.
Perform a Factory Set:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Leave "PowerOn Auto = Off"
Press [ENTER]
Press [ENTER]

This will reset your instrument to Factory settings.

Test the Edit mode.
If all is okay restore your data by loading back your ALL data file
let us know.

Posted : 30/01/2015 9:48 pm
 Tim
Topic starter

The "PowerOn Auto" had a box in front of it filled with black so I turned the data wheel to remove the black box which made a symbol in the box like an x. It didn't say on or off so I am not sure which it was. Anyway I did it both ways with the same result. No change after doing the above process. I did push exit twice at the end to get back out of the job and utility page. Anyway, after the process you described above, it did the same thing. I push edit and the "common" light comes on automatically, the mute light is also lit and the elements are lit. The screen shows the common edit pop up. I can't get it to go to element edit but I can mute individual elements. (sigh)

Posted : 31/01/2015 2:06 am
 Tim
Topic starter

Here is pics of the screen and the buttons that are lit when I push edit. This doesn't change if I push an element button

Attached files

Posted : 31/01/2015 3:11 am
Bad Mister

Are you using a Yamaha PA-150 power supply?
And did you remove it from all possible MIDI connections?

The screen shows the common edit pop up. I can't get it to go to element edit but I can mute individual elements. (sigh)

You go to Element Edit by pressing button [1], button [2] or button [3] - pressing these buttons will take you to the screen for editing Elements [1], [2] and [3] respectively.

You MUTE Elements with buttons [9], [10] and [11] - obviously you have been pressing these buttons to MUTE the Elements. But try the buttons directly above them to access the ELEMENT EDIT

Please try again.

Posted : 31/01/2015 1:00 pm
 Tim
Topic starter

Got it to work! Thank you SO MUCH! You are very generous with your time and advice and I sincerely appreciate it!

Posted : 31/01/2015 5:44 pm
Bad Mister

No problem. There are ways the instrument can break... That was not one of them. 🙂

Enjoy. No question too trivial.

Posted : 31/01/2015 6:24 pm
 Tim
Topic starter

Excellent keyboard, the MOXF. This was a case of operator error. Thanks again!

Posted : 01/02/2015 7:47 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us