Notifications
Clear all

πŸ™

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hello Everyone!
i hav a Moxf6 i gotta say its the worst keyboard ever in terms of user friendly!i hav this keyboard for almost 3 years and i cant even record a music on it directly!
the only reason i bought it and Still have it its ONLY because of its Sounds!
i hav a question that i still did nt get an answer yet. "is there a way to use its voices to record in LOGIC PRO? not through the Audio output because there is a slight buzzing sound and i cannot edit audio files in Logic the way i want it,i want to be able to quantize,edit ectt... yesterday i finally discover how to play the voices in Logic with usb but when i record i see the paterns and they play but as soon that i turn off the keyboard they dont play anymore.

Posted : 18/05/2020 1:18 am
Bad Mister

i hav a question that i still did nt get an answer yet. "is there a way to use its voices to record in LOGIC PRO? not through the Audio output because there is a slight buzzing sound and i cannot edit audio files in Logic the way i want it,i want to be able to quantize,edit ectt...

The word you are looking for is β€œMIDI”
I tried to find a basic explanation of MIDI. If you go to YouTube there are scores of videos that will explain the basics of MIDI. Why it is not sound, but the coded representation of a musical performance... which can be captured by a MIDI sequencer, and then when played back to a MIDI module or synth will reconstitute it into sound.

yesterday i finally discover how to play the voices in Logic with usb but when i record i see the paterns and they play but as soon that i turn off the keyboard they dont play anymore

That is correct, MIDI requires that the keyboard be turned On.

Alternatively, you feed the coded messages to a β€œsoft synth” - a tone generator that β€˜livesβ€˜ on your computer.
But if you want to hear the sounds of the MOXF, you have to turn it On. (Or record Audio).

Midi is not Audio.
Just like a Player Piano Roll is a series of holes punched in a roll of paper (coded message that β€˜represent’ a musical performance), it must be inserted in the Player Piano that made it or another similar Player Piano that can read the message, interpret the code and reconstitute it into audible sound.

Blame the gear, if you must, but try filling in the knowledge gaps, first.

Posted : 18/05/2020 2:05 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us