Notifications
Clear all

How can I get "Yamaha MOTIF XF - 10th Anniversary Pack by Wojtek Olszak"

11 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there,

I'm interesting into the Motif XF 10th Anniversary Pack as presented by Yamaha in this video:
Yamaha MOTIF XF - 10th Anniversary Pack by Wojtek Olszak

Can't find it for purchase... Is it out yet? Where can I buy it?

Thank you,
JSB

Posted : 14/07/2015 11:08 am
Bad Mister

I am not familiar with this library. You may wish to contact the Yamaha office here:

POLAND/LITHUANIA/LATVIA/ESTONIA Yamaha Music Europe GmbH
Branch Poland Office
ul. Wrotkowa 14 02-553 Warsaw, Poland
Tel: 022-500-2925

From what I can gather from watching this, Mr. Olszak has done some work for Yamaha Poland, perhaps contacting them would be the way to find out if and when it was made available.

The studio mentioned in the video (Woobie Doobie) also has a Facebook page... You could try reaching out to him through Facebook.

You could also contact the contents people through YamahaMusicSoft... They may have details on this Library and its availability:

http://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/en/help

Good luck.

Posted : 14/07/2015 11:48 am
Topic starter

For those of you that might be interested, I've contacted YamahaMusicSoft and they do not have access to this content (!!!).

Yamaha doesn't have access to material they market themselves... In these days and age, I'm surprised that a company like Yamaha isn't making their offerings global... One global web site, one user profile, my credit card number, click click, library purchased, downloaded, you have my money, I have the content, everybody is happy. If a small production house like DCP Productions is making their products available everywhere, why not you?

Anyway...

I'll be contacting Yamaha Poland next and see what comes out of it...

Thank you Mr. Big Mister for the pointers, much appreciated.

Posted : 30/07/2015 12:53 am
Bad Mister

Sebastian,
Like I said contact the country where the content was commissioned. In spite of your "one world" store concept, that is not how the world works, (not sure if you've noticed) please don't be surprised. What company that you know can do that? Really!?!

Just because a third party company makes a sound set for one of our products does not mean we are selling it or responsible for distribution of it. That's not how things work either, please don't be surprised.

Good luck finding the content. Let us know how you make out.

Posted : 30/07/2015 4:06 am
Topic starter

Bad Mister,

First off, sorry if you took this personal, it was intended as critic towards Yamaha. Not you. At no time did I criticize you. Please also note that it wasn't an empty critic (XYZ is cr*p, which leads nowhere) as I am making a proposal. Finally, you don't know me. Publicly disparaging my ability to perceive the world isn't ok. Let's stay respectful, please...

I agree, that is not the way the world used to work. But with digital content, this is the way it works best. There is countless companies doing this already, from big ones (Adobe and their CreativeSuite), some of Yamaha's competitors (which I won't name out of respect) to small ones (Yamaha's friend John Melas does a fantastic job at it with Melas Software). One site, easy access to content, easy purchase from anywhere in the world. It's not a stretch of imagination, this is in the world today.

I didn't know about YamahaMusicSoft until you mentioned it. Disappointed the library of interest isn't there but glad I went and checked it up, as I found a surprisingly good library for guitar sounds (Axxe). Thanks again for that.

Now that I think of it, isn't it a portal Yamaha could use to sell content from the world over to the world over? Or is it restricted to North America?

Regards,
JSB

Posted : 31/07/2015 10:39 pm
Bad Mister

Now that I think of it, isn't it a portal Yamaha could use to sell content from the world over to the world over? Or is it restricted to North America?

There are different portals for YamahaMusicSoft around the world... I only know about the one here in the USA. Glad you found some content that you like - that's the bottom line.
If you interpreted anything I said as disrespectful, I certainly apologize, no intent on my part to be disrespectful, not at all. I just told you where you might find out about the library you asked about

Thank you Mr. Big Mister for the pointers, much appreciated.

Posted : 31/07/2015 11:42 pm
Topic starter

Hi all,

It took a while but finally some good news for you folks that might be interested. The sound pack has indeed been produced by Wojtek Olszak in collaboration with Yamaha Poland. The super good news is that the sound pack is made available for free by Yamaha through Easy Sounds ( http://www.easysounds.eu/)! 🙂 🙂 🙂

To obtain the sounds pack, you simply have to send an email to the address below, with this text in the email subject line: 10th Anniversary Pack. Here is the address:

10th_anni_wo@easysounds.de

Shortly after you will be receiving download details (URL + username and password), it took less than 5 minutes for me to get an answer back. The pack is about 570MB in size and it contains 64 voices.

Enjoy,
JSB

Posted : 28/08/2015 4:43 pm

Sebastien,
You are the man!
Thank you for working the details out on this 10th Anniversary Motif XF by Mr. Olszak and Yamaha Poland.

I just watched this video and was blown away on the sheer quality with this library. Wojtek has an amazing ear for tone and he's obviously an exceptional player!
The download just finished!

Posted : 30/08/2015 6:17 am

There is also an article in the latest issue of Yamaha Music Production Guide 06/2015.
There are CS80 voices DX 7 and others
They always have free downloads available through the easysounds, ie they had a VP1 download a few issues ago.
Also check out the article on the Beats Yamaha Zampler VST plugin and free downloads through the Yamaha Synthesizer Europe Facebook page.
There are three packs available - CS80, DX1/5 and CS40M and they can be run through Cubase.

Posted : 01/09/2015 1:11 pm
gris
 gris
Eminent Member

First I thought 😀 !!!! Free sounds for my MOXF6,
but soon realized that this bank is just a litte to big to fit into
my 512MB flashram... 🙁

/gris

Posted : 01/10/2015 7:00 pm
gris
 gris
Eminent Member

I have realized that with the Melos waveeditor I will be able to remove some samples
from this library to make it fit in my 512 flashram 🙂

Posted : 10/10/2015 9:17 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us