Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

I'm getting an error message: sequence memory full.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I recently purchased a Yamaha FL512M memory expansion module hoping it will rememdy the problem. No help at all. Any suggestions?

Posted : 27/08/2017 11:20 pm
Bad Mister

Sequencer data is not increased by adding a FL512M board (which is exclusively for Waveform and Sample data). You are receiving a "Sequencer Memory Full" error message because you have reached the capacity of the unit.

See the more complete explanation here

Posted : 28/08/2017 2:37 am
Topic starter

I initially added a FL512M board hoping that will remedy the problem and clear up some space, no help. I followed your 1st response and save All to the USB. I cleared 1 pattern just to make sure I can load and bring it back, it worked. I cleared everything that didn't matter including built in Sequences that came with the unit, and tried recording and sequencing new material, "IT WORKED!!".

Thank You so very much!!!

Posted : 29/08/2017 2:48 pm
 Anil

I guess the problem (or this error message) is simpler and -at the same time- more complex than that.

I have merely 15 songs on my MOXF6.
I have found a greatly recorded MIDI song over the Internet (You should be dancing.mid to be precise) and try to LOAD it to SONG 12.
Then I get the 'sequence memory full' message.

But, when I give up and load another MIDI file instead, I do not get this message at all.
And everything runs smoothly.

How do I interpret this?

Thank you in advance.

Posted : 21/02/2018 6:43 pm
Bad Mister

Files come in vastly different sizes, once you reach the amount of data that is capacity, you receive the full error message.

Posted : 21/02/2018 8:00 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us