Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is the USB flash memory format for the Moxf8 compatible with the Mx49?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I would like to be able to transfer midi data from a MoxF8 to an Mx49 and vice versa using the USB flash drive. Do they use the same format for the USB flash drive?

Posted : 26/08/2017 5:50 pm
Bad Mister

What type of MIDI data do you want to move from the MOXF to the MX?

There is no direct file compatibility between the MOXF and the MX, if that what you mean. If you are talking about "MIDI data", as in Song or Pattern data... The MX does not have a sequencer.

The MX can stream .mid and .wav files directly from a USB stick.

Posted : 27/08/2017 1:55 am
Topic starter

I created a song (Midi) on the MoxF8. I would like to load and play that midi file on the Mx. My understanding is that it should play. I am hoping that the USB flash memory format is compatible beween the instruments. I am also hoping that once loaded into the Mx the midi file will contain the correct information for preset assignments or at least allow them to be assigned within the Mx. Maybe I am dreaming.

Watched your video last evening. Great job, way better than pouring thru the manuals trying to figure things out.

Thanks,

Gregg

Posted : 28/08/2017 4:24 pm
Bad Mister

Again, no, the sounds you selected in the MOXF are not going to be found in the same places in the MX. There is no Song mode or Pattern mode in the MX.

If you would like to create .MID that works on the MX, you will need to connect to and select the sounds on the MX. You would store the sounds you use on the MX... you could use either a computer/laptop or tablet to generate the Tracks, or you could connect the MIDI OUT of the MOXF to the MIDI IN of the MX... you could record using the MOXF sequencer, but selecting and using sounds on the MX.

When you saved your Sequence data on the MOXF you could SAVE it as a SMF (Standard MIDI File) to a USB stick.
Now you can read that USB stick in the MX.

You do not load it to the MX (the MX does not load sequences) it reads them in real time directly from the USB stick.

Posted : 28/08/2017 7:58 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us