Just wanna say - I love Cubase AI7!

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
John
 John
Trusted Member
Topic starter

I know - that alot of folks think computer based recording/midi is so normal that they don't even think about it.

But for me - it has been a huge quantum leap in learning and performance. AND IT WAS FREE!!!!!

My only experience with recording before this was with tape based 4 tracks and an 8 track hard disk recorder.

1. On my newest song - I do a section of 4 part harmonies (10 total tracks) - route each part into one of four groups - route those four groups into a 5th - so that I can control the full submix! I never knew such things were possible!

2. The sound quality is stellar!

3. I had to do punch ins to correct some problems - never been easier

4. I wanted to record a reverse piano sound like on Yes' Roundabout. No problem!

5. Wanted to improve my vocal tracks - fix incorrect pitches. So I did 5 takes grabbed the best sections from each - sometimes pulled parts off the same tracks. This was so time consuming before. It is so easy!~

Anyway - thanks to Yamaha and Steinberg - I bought a keyboard and got a whole studio - seriously!

johnb

Posted : 16/07/2015 10:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us