Notifications
Clear all

MIDI Channel in Mixing Mode

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

HI all,

is it possible to select the sending Midichannel for a zone in Pattern/Song Mixing Mode?

I'd like to change the sounds without "Note Off" in Mixing Mode by switching the internal Midichannel, but i want that everything gets transmitted to an external device on channel 1.

Thanks!

Best regards
Tobi

Posted : 29/09/2016 1:05 pm
Bad Mister

is it possible to select the sending Midichannel for a zone in Pattern/Song Mixing Mode?

You can change the MIDI channel of a Track that is transmitting data from the MOXF sequencer. You can change the MIDI Channel of a PART that is receiving data. But there are no 'zones' in PATTERN/SONG MIXING mode.

Zone is a word used in the MOXF to refer to MASTER mode. So your question - does not compute - at least in the jargon of the MOXF. What do you want to accomplish. Are you using MASTER mode?

The word 'zone' in common language can also mean a "NOTE LIMIT" region (MOXF)... is that what you mean?

I'd like to change the sounds without "Note Off" in Mixing Mode by switching the internal Midichannel, but i want that everything gets transmitted to an external device on channel 1.

Sorry, again, not clear: "sounds without "Note Off"" that is not a phrase I understand, sorry.

And what qualifies as "everything" when you say you want it to be transmitted on Channel 1. The Keyboard Transmits. Song Tracks Transmit. How many Tracks do you want to put on channel 1?
How will the external device figure out what goes where?

Help?

Posted : 29/09/2016 2:56 pm
Topic starter

Hi Bad Mister,

sorry for using the wrong terminology, I'm new to the yamaha- world. Please let me try again:

I want to switch sounds in Mixing Mode by switching tracks. I have to assign a sending midichannel to each track, as well as a receiving midichannel for each part.

I'm using a footswitch connected to the MoFX to launch the next scene in ableton live via MIDI over USB. The footswitch signal should always be transmitted to USB-MIDI in ableton live on midichannel 1, independend from the "internal" midichannel assigned to the selected track. Is this possible?

Or, in short and hopefully correct terms: Can I set divergent internal and external midichannels for one track in mixing mode? 🙂

Thank you!

Best regards
Tobi

Posted : 29/09/2016 3:20 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us